By really? - 13/04/2013 09:21 - United States

Today, it's my birthday. My family put a bouquet of balloons outside my room for me to find when I woke up. I walked out of my room, saw the balloons, screamed, and fell down the stairs. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 503
You deserved it 24 139

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Balloonophobia, that's something you don't see often!

Were there Nicolas Cage faces printed on each one of them?

Comments

Balloonophobia, that's something you don't see often!

jajaflan 4

One time i got really high and my friend shoved a balloon up his bum and tried to blow it up.. I dont like balloons either anymore

fksfsdhfsdfh 26

Or she has panophobia, the fear of everything!

One time a balloon popped in my face and it left a red mark which hurt a lot. It scarred me for life.

Can I ask how did he manage to get his head around his self to blow it?! #mindfuck

BellaBelle_fml 23

Actually the term is globophobia; irrational fear of balloons. I have it unfortunately. I know, I know, it's a silly fear but someone has to have it. Lol

51: He was trying to blow it up with his ass. And hashtags don't belong on fml

BellaBelle_fml 23

48 - That's actually what started my globophobia. I had seven older male cousins and my big brother gang up on me when I was around six or so. They all popped as many balloons in my face and on any part of my body that they could. And I've been terrified of balloons ever since. I'm trying so hard to get over it. I'm actually making progress! I used to run into another room screaming, or if people are playing a game that involves popping balloons, I would run as far away as I could plugging my ears so I couldn't hear them pop. Now, my workplace, a car dealership, has balloons EVERYWHERE, inside and outside and I am able to walk passed or even underneath them without screaming. I just keep an eye on them. Lol, I'm so pathetic. But hey, everyone has their own fears, and some are silly to others. I used to tease people who afraid of silly things like clowns until I realized that hey, I'm afraid of balloons! How much more silly is that than clowns? So I refrain from judgement.

monnanon 13

i wouldnt consider your fear irrational after that story :s. that was really cruel what your cousins and brothet did

BellaBelle_fml 23

It is actually pretty irrational when you think about it. I mean, it's a balloon. Other than the freak choking accident, they are pretty much harmless. However, I thank you for your support nonetheless :)

br00kr 22

I have this stupid fear about guys picking me up by my stomach. It's really wierd.

I would love to see what would happen if one of those balloons were to pop!!

euphoricness 28

I'm not sure if I'm just misinterpreting (or should I say misinterpretating) this FML, but is she afraid of balloons that she screamed, or was it that she got so excited she fell down the stairs?

pallycoo 13

She was probably still half asleep and got startled.

Were there Nicolas Cage faces printed on each one of them?

I'm lying in wait for the opportunity to Cage someone! Probably will do to my boyfriend when he returns from out of town. I can think of no better welcome home! Now if I only had stairs...

BellaBelle_fml 23

Ok, I'm sorry for my ignorance concerning this particular meme, but how or what started the whole 'Cage'-ing someone?

perdix 29

Were they scary Grim Reaper balloons holding menacing scythes?

maxmex13 7

If it was, the balloon might also say, "One year closer..."

I don't understand why this is thumbed down :(

perdix 29

#25, I've noticed that when someone complains that a quality comment is getting thumbed-down, the fate of that comment often turns positive, but the complaint gets thumbed-down. I thank you for your sacrifice on behalf of my comment.

It's the thought that counts OP.... at least they remembered

SystemofaBlink41 27

Just how close are the stairs to your room?

ApollosMyth 22

I think you may be a tad bit scared of bloons. Hopefully nothing on you popped.

perdix 29

"Ugh, my family did something nice for me, so I'm going to have to be nice to them!" "AIIIIIIEEEE!" Ka-thunka-ka-thunka-ka-thunk.

How? They're literally just a sphere of latex and gas.

BellaBelle_fml 23

I, too, suffer from a fear of balloons. Which I openly admit is silly. Everyone has their own fears or phobias. Some are considered 'normal' fears, such as arachnophobia, and some may seem rather silly or ridiculous to others. However, people are genuinely afraid of them nonetheless. But you can't just sit there and tell me that you don't have any fears, silly or not.

I'm terrified of clowns the dark and skunks . My cousins made me watch IT when I was 5, been afraid since. I came face to face (just about) to a skunk when I was 7, scared the living day lights out of me. I have night blind issues with my eyes so that doesn't help the fear issue at all