By Anonymous - 24/01/2015 18:33 - Romania - Campina

Today, it's been 3 months since my dog scratched my 9 year old granddaughter after she walked over and repeatedly kicked him. My daughter has disowned me and won't let me see my own grandchildren until I have my companion of 11 years "destroyed". FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 340
You deserved it 2 919

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Clearly some adults haven't realized what your granddaughter either has by now or needs to: that there are consequences for actions and that animals are not punching bags.

Comments

It says "walked over and repeatedly kicked him"...I'm going to go with yes, it was her fault.

gintwinsmoore 20

I'm assuming 13 meant it was the kid's fault she got bit.

Who's the mother in the relationship? I'd say grab your balls and assert your dominance, but since you don't have any, I'll just say tell her to shut the **** up and calm down.

meli1195 31

this is a parent to child relationship, not a animal relationship in which dominance has to be asserted.

So parents are equals to kids now? That's what's wrong with America and why Yall have so many mass murderers because parents are too afraid of their kids. Go **** yourself.

Wow! Your granddaughter is an absolute brat and it's not hard to see where she gets it, I'm so sick of mothers blaming everyone else for their childs terrible behaviour

Chelserser 20

That's terrible. I hope you two can work it out and she realizes that your dog only responded naturally. You can't harm an animal and expect them to just let it happen. It's sad she's put you in that situation, maybe a compromise could be reached, such as just keeping the dog and children apart during visits. Anyways, best wishes to you OP, I hope you can work something out.

Totally agree. And let's hope that the 9 y.o. doesn't have any pets of her own.

I agree. I feel so sorry for op! Grandchildren are often the best stage for a grandparent and to have that relationship taken away is so sad! My parents would be totally devastated if they couldn't see their grandkids for 3 months, especially because they're used to seeing them several times a week. I can't believe your daughter has put you in this sort of a position and given you such an ultimatum. My advice would be to talk to your daughter, as calmly as possible, and suggest separating the dog and children when they come to visit and in the meantime maybe you go to their house instead of them coming to yours. Best of luck op, and I hope you can make her see reason, an ultimatum like this is devastating no matter what size you choose.

brendejafulable 41

Sounds like a rotten lil bitch.

Tell her to discipline her daughter first! Animals are not toys

You should teach that bitch of a granddaughter a lesson about respecting animals. Don't bother giving that bitch any birthday presents she doesn't deserve them.

meli1195 31

whoa, she's only 9,even if she is a brat

And 9 is old enough to understand that actions have consequences-act like a little shit towards me or a pet, you're going to be ignored. Simple enough. When I hear parents say "but my little angel is only a child" when they do something obnoxious, I know that they are raising a brat.

My thoughts exactly, 21. She ought to have used the situation as a teaching tool. When I was four I would pull our dog's tail and ears nonstop, despite what my mom would say. The dog was patient thing normally, but finally one day he got fed up and nipped my hand. My mom's response? "See, that's what happens." And that's how a child learns to respect animals if they don't already. This mom is telling her child that it's okay to hurt someone and then get revenge when they fight back.

Daughter or not your dog shouldn't have to pay for Her incompetence as a parent. Sorry OP, hope things get better for you.