By TheEnglishOne - 23/01/2009 00:42 - United States

Spicy
Today, in class, I asked my teacher for a "rubber". I didn't realise that in America "rubber" doesn't mean "eraser", it means condom. FML
I agree, your life sucks 66 835
You deserved it 8 715

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Gherto 0

Oh yeah, I used to confused by this from time to time back when I lived in the U.K.

Tygastyle 0

yes, the Beatles are totally still relevant to teenagers! they'll be around forever i think....i'll at least introduce my kids and yeah a rubber can be considered an eraser....it erases the chances of getting pregnant...?!

Comments

ok, 50 states in the us, and god knows how many schools, sooooo... probably not the same teacher

Shut the **** up, 80, before someone murders you. And 90, Lady Gaga is no match for the Beatles! BEATLES FTW!

this is why you should never use your countries slang in another country. and dear god if you smoke don't go asking anyone for a fag.

simon_lala 0

on my side of America rubber means condom, tire, and eraser (kneaded rubber).

I hate it when people ask if the op did it in a certain town/school/ area. ?

I feel your pain OP. I lived in South Africa for almost 4 years now and I call an eraser a rubber too now. This is fine except for the fact that I visited my guy friends back in America and they started to laugh so hard that they literally turned purple when I asked if I could BORROW a rubber.

mojo5678 5

Since you like using quotation marks so much where they don't need to be used, why didn't you put them around "condom" genius

what does this have to do with anything??

Your teacher probably understood if she knew you're from England. I just hope your class did (: