By james88 - 07/01/2013 21:39 - United States - Altoona

Today, in an elaborate plan to finally meet my cute neighbor, I convinced my friendly mailman to switch up our mail so I'd have an excuse to meet her. After I delivered her mail, I waited for her to mention that she had my mail, but she never did. I even saw her take it out of her mail box. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 552
You deserved it 37 764

Same thing different taste

Top comments

She probably just hadn't looked at the mail yet. I really doubt she wants to steal your bills.

OhMinty 5

Lol im surprised the mailman listened to you.

Comments

Here's a tip: Be a ******* man and just talk to her!

She probably doesn't know your name and gets a lot of mail delivered wrong if she is new... Since you haven't met her before.

I would think that showing some confidence by talking to her directly would be just as impressive for her, and frankly, probably more so.

You totally could've winged this just by saying "Hey, I have your mail but not mine, is it possible you got mine by accident?" Look at that. Look at how easy it is.

You're a creep. Best case scenario, you fess up to the stupid plot and she gives you your mail back, while you hope she's desperate enough to still give you a shot.

How about next time you find a better pretext to chat with your neighbor that doesn't involve the mailman switching up the mail. Like, I don't know, borrowing some household staple or something.

Maybe she's a letter carrier herself, and hadn't looked through the mail yet. I'm a mailman, and the last thing I want to deal with is my own mail at the end of the day... Just an idea. Unlikely, perhaps, but an idea nonetheless.

You're an idiot. That's essentially mail fraud. Just initiate a conversation. Shy is only sort of cute, until it becomes cripplingly annoying.

The problem with people in general male or female is that they try too hard to impress the opposite sex. Now me personally I don't shit in my own backyard. Usually dating people in the same area you live in is usually not a good thing to do.

Mabye she heard ya talking to the mailman and is ******* with ya haha