By Sam - 26/09/2011 11:46 - Australia

Today, in a desperate attempt to get my business "out there", I dropped a few of my cards on a station floor. I got a call, even a quote. A $500 fine from the transit for public littering. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 275
You deserved it 35 056

Same thing different taste

Top comments

How stupid are you? Are you in the habit of reading trash? No, and neither is anyone else. Your plan was idiotic, and you got exactly what you deserved - no new customers, and $500 out of your pocket.

Comments

bubo_fml 10

Give me a few cards...I save $ on loo paper that way...

I'm surprised you didn't slip your info into your FML.

They have no proof you dropped your cards unless you told them you did.. Ydi

I'm going to assume the OP was somewhere in the Sydney metropolitan area and all stations have CCTV cameras, a quick check would be all that's needed.. Also, If he was at a busy station, someone could have seen him do it.

If they can't prove you did it, tell them to **** off. Several bands have avoided prosecution for people posting their stickers around. This is no different. If somebody else could've possibly did it, you are not responsible.

ZielZone 4

Well, you have to start somewhere

JinxosGirl87 0

There was probably a phone number on the cards which they called to fine him/her. Along with a picture, address, email, etc.

Spending money is a great way to start a business, so you're good to go!!

You deserved that one. $500 is a bit extreme for a slap-on-the-hand lesson though...

can they prove it was you? Just say that it must have been someone that had taken your card and pray that they dont frequent fmylife.com ;)