By regrub - 10/01/2010 09:14 - United States

Today, ignoring the unspoken rule of not entering the bus when the driver's not inside, I went in while he was taking a break. As I stepped inside, he reached in the window and pressed the "close-door" button. It closed on my hand. Everyone at the bus stop laughed as I yelped in pain. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 376
You deserved it 29 720

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why did he leave the door open if he didn't want anyone to enter? He should've had it closed already.

please note that it won't actually hold in court and that method only works pon stupid people.

Comments

You should report the driver. =/ I have no idea how cold it is in California at the moment, but it's freezing here right now and if the bus doors were left open I'd have done the same thing rather than waiting in the cold. Even if you were in the wrong the driver has no right to hurt you.

reporting driver to manager "writes idea in notebook"

what rule is that? i used to take a bus back and forth to college many times when i couldn't get a ride, and more than half the time the bus driver would tell me to go on the bus while he was still outside....

THe wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round come on guys you know it, sing along

not an fyl -_- who cares, not like u know em and if it was one of ya friend, then jus laugh it off lol

THats what you get for leaving the kitchen. NOw quit whining and go make me a sammich

@PirateMan...you sir, have just won. Your prize? A free sammich made by the OP. lol

That joke has been used so much it isn't funny any more.

boatkicker 4

You could report him, as people said, but it wouldn't do you any good. The rule about passengers not getting on is actually NOT an unwritten rule, with most transportation companies. Drivers are supposed to make sure that no one boards when they aren't on because they cannot guarantee that those passengers will pay. It's hard to keep count when you aren't there. That does include shutting the door when someone attempts to board. Perhaps he should have watched for your hand, but I doubt the company will do anything if you call them, because the driver followed standard procedure. Next time, wait it out.

Shady_R 0

Perhaps OP should have watched his own hand. The driver wasn't necessarily trying to hurt him.

standard procedure involves closing the door when you leave the bus. so it's the drivers fault.

boatkicker 4

He hadn't left, he was right beside it, or he wouldn't have been able to shut it. He just wasn't IN the bus. It appears that he shut to door to discourage others from trying to do the same thing OP tried to do.

in denmark they couldnt careless if you get in while their taking a break