By esv - 01/04/2009 09:18 - United States

Today, I went to the laundromat for the first time. I fit all of my clothes into two washers. Not knowing where to put the soap in, I asked a man doing his laundry, "Excuse me, where do I put the soap in?". He replied, "Ma'am, those are the dryers." FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 592
You deserved it 80 121

Same thing different taste

Top comments

sofarsogood 0

god i hope you aren't older than like 12

WTF don't assume that's an industry standard, our washer is front loading

Comments

You're a woman!!! You are born with the ability to wash clothes!!!

the_poop_bandit 0

dumbest FML i will ever read. get out of here, i have no clue how this got on here

xMooMoox 0

#94 Yes as women we're also born with the ability to refuse sex with douche bags, mainly you.

I could understand not knowing where the soap goes if you were using a washer but a dryer? It's hard for me to imagine that any normal person over age 6 doesn't know the difference between a washer and dryer.

I thought women were supposed to know how to do household chores

to you guys calling her dumb: People in some countries don't use the dryers often. Here in Singapore not many households use dryers, we prefer to hang our stuff, and we don't have laundromats. When I moved over to Melbourne I got kinda confused sometimes between the washing machine and dryers too. So cut her some slack.

not really an FML. just take your clothes out and find the washers.

This isn't really a "FML". Nothing to really be embarrassed about either.

I'm beginning to think none of you have ever been to a god-damned laundromat. Front-loading commercial washers look a *LOT* like the typical commercial dryer. Big steel boxes, round glass doors, blinking lights, often the same size. I can *easily* see how a first-timer could mistake the two. The FML is the embarrassment at having to be corrected, by a stranger, in a public place, over something most people don't even give a second thought.

xMooMoox 0

#102 I've been to a laundry mat and your right they can look a lot alike, but as it was (probably) her first time she should have looked around and read the instructions. From just looking around she could have gathered that "those" in that row were all soaping, instead of just going in and throwing everything in the first machine she found. Thats where her mistake lies.