By ringmaster101 - 04/03/2009 23:42 - United States

Today, I went to the jewelry store to sell my wedding ring after a long and painful divorce. The shop owner took one look at it and called the cops because I tried to sell him a diamond ring that had been stolen from him 3 years ago. My ex-husband left the country a week ago. FML
I agree, your life sucks 76 997
You deserved it 3 391

Same thing different taste

Top comments

dearambivalence 0

At the very least, you're not married to the asshole anymore.

that sucks seriously..did they even believe u??

Comments

Spitfire_fml 0

dear lord...Anne Hathaway's story isn't looking so bad anymore...

ok, seriously #7? THAT'S the angle you wanna go for? And that is awful, sersiously. I'm pretty sure a ring out of a gum ball machine would have been less offensive. Please tell me they believed you!

vI_Arsenic_Iv 0

bullshit, after three years the shop owner wouldn't be able to recognize a ring. the conversation with the shop owner probably went like this "GASP! this is the ring stolen from me exactly three years ago in the spring of 3/4/06! it has a gold imperfection nearly 1/2000th of an inch wide! i remember it exactly! as if it happened yesterday! (goes to flashback)

that's why rings have serial numbers? or some sort of number on them so that they can be identified in case they were stolen?

sugar_407 0

this is a load of shit. no one would remember an exact ring that was stolen three years ago.

maybe she looked it up and they only ever had one and it was stolen

FML1786 0

Maybe it was the only time he got robbed so the ring stuck out in his mind

RingoStarrr 0

woww that really sucks :/.least your ex hubby risked something in getting that ring for you though.

maybe she saw an ad for the exact same ring? or maybe, idk, that the jewelry store that she's talking about is the only jewelry store in her town?