By Wino - 05/12/2009 04:08 - United States

Today, I went to the grocery store to stock up on booze for the weekend. After the cashier commented on the size my purchase, I claimed to be hosting a dinner party tonight. I'm not. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 786
You deserved it 34 535

Same thing different taste

Top comments

lol you drink so much you had to lie to a cashier!

cerebellum_fml 0

Comments

xxxNataliexxx 0

Lol epic win just to get booze

a lot of ppl suffer from alcoholism. it really is a FML b/c u become addicted. u need it every day, every night. it's become a part of your life. this is the only FML I agree with. i sympathize. it runs in my family.

OP, if you read this, please get help, and please follow through with that help. Get yourself committed if necessary. I've seen how alcoholism can tear apart a family, because one of my relatives is so much of an alcoholic that she'll go for things such as mouthwash, cooking extracts, and even rubbing alcohol. She nearly died a few months ago by poisoning herself and ultimately drinking herself into a coma, complete with liver failure and renal (kidney) failure. Please, please get help.

kaleid0scopeEyes 0

children under 4 shouldn't drink

I can't even begin to describe how much I along with many other people would not want to socialize with you.

peacockfeather 0
Yatta_fml 0

I can't believe the number of prudes that reply to anything involving drinking. Most teens and young adults get wasted at least a few times... maybe even more often than a few times. It's what people do. The OP doesn't state "I do this every weekend" so I see no problem, yet everyone jumps to "get help!!" without any information besides that the OP is - oh my GOD - drinking. For all we know, the first time.

waterynuggets 0

The point ---------> Your head ---->

Except that the OP is the one saying, Hey everyone, here's a story that illustrates how my life is F-ed up. Also, I think part of the OP's point is that she's showing one of the well-known signs of problem drinking: lying about drinking. Doesn't necessarily mean that she does have a problem, but if you do drink (as I do, too), you're not wise to ignore doing them.

Yatta, the OP's comment alone gives about a 25% chance of becoming an alcoholic. If we had the rest of the CAGE history I'm betting it'd be even higher.

At least you buy junk to drink at your house and not go to bars where you'd potentially make an ass of yourself. My sister is both an alcoholic and extremely obnnoxious and touchy-feely, etc (more than usual) when drunk, to the point that people have given her money for cab fares just to make her leave.

call it what you want to call it you're a ****** alcoholic

I think everybody is saying "get help" bcuz usually for the cashier to comment on something it is bcuz u r buying a LOT so if the OP is drinking that much alone there is a drinking problem or a big red flag for alcohol poisoning which in the case of happening being alone u can die

To alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of lifes problems. Cheers! Now where did I put my pants...oh, they're in that tree over there. That gives me an idea, a tree that grows pants, PATENT PENDING!

after watching one of my best friends have a grand mal seizure from kidney failure, I'm gonna say now- find someone now, OP- before it's too late! there are many many others like you, and you'll find a bond with them like no other!