By l0stnwundrland - 24/01/2011 08:01 - United States

Today, I went to the eye doctor. For the past three days every time I wear my glasses I become nauseous, get migraines, and have that "fish-eye view" where everything is rounded. Turns out they placed my lenses on the wrong sides. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 806
You deserved it 3 054

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm glad you were a good pupil and saw the problem. At least you had a good sense of vitreous humour about it and didn't lash out at the optometrist or browbeat him. To celebrate, go to McDonald's and get a Big Macula and freyes. *posted from my iPhone with retina display*

You didn't put them on when you first picked them up? I thought that was standard procedure.

Comments

I'm glad you were a good pupil and saw the problem. At least you had a good sense of vitreous humour about it and didn't lash out at the optometrist or browbeat him. To celebrate, go to McDonald's and get a Big Macula and freyes. *posted from my iPhone with retina display*

Eye see what you did there. Reading it was a real eye opener for me. Somebody should put a lid in the eye puns before they become an eyesore. Wink.

sccrismyantidrg 4

Just reread the fml and realized op was referring to the lenses on her glasses and not the lenses in her eyes. My bad. How do you not notice backwards lenses in your glasses...

I think she means they switched right and left

mintcar 9

Wow...glad you got it fixed. Wearing glasses is no fun to begin with. My vision is pretty poor and I hate wearing glasses. I've tried contacts but that didn't really work either. :/

skyeyez9 24

I wore glasses and contacts until about 4yrs ago. I had the PRK surgery and went from legally blind to 20/15 vision which is perfect vision. I'd highly recommend prk or lasik eye surgery. There are payment plans for it if you don't the money up front.

gabanagirl192 0
swimmingmonkey 2

Some people are unable to get LASIK or PRK. Like me. Of course, I think I would notice immediately that my lenses were in the glasses backwards.

This is bizarre. How could you go to the ophthalmologist, get new glasses, then whenever you put them on, can't see, get a headache and want to hurl, but not make the connection for THREE DAYS?!! I'd hate to see your learning curve for hot stoves and electric power points.

"Ooh, that glowing red stove is so pretty! I must touch it! Ow! It hurts! Maybe I'll touch it again. Ow, it still hurts! Shit, why is my hand hurting whenever I touch it? Ow! Ok stove, one more chance..."

man I hope they don't mess up ur eyes!

I want the option sh%$ happens. You don't deserve it but your life doesn't suck. A little of comparison your glasses are +2 at worst? I'm +16 Stop bit$%ing should be another option.

Why so rude? Other people can have a bad eyesight too. I've got -4,25 and I would get migrane and see nothing too when I don't have my contacts in or glasses on. If your eyesight is that bad, I feel sorry for you, perhaps it's treatable. I know in my country you get a free operation when your eyesight goes below -13/+13. Anyway don't be a dick, even when your eyesight is a lot worse.

eilearose 3

if stop bitching really was an option, you need to look into it. OP didn't say what their eyesight was, it could be worse than yours, so stop whining yourself you effing hypocrite. Try to submit your own fml; "my eyesight sucks worse than anyone elses! fmylife more!" see if it gets published.