By Albert - 27/08/2012 22:16 - United States - Dover

Today, I went to see my orthodontist. He informed me that I have an underbite and I will probably need braces again. I just had them taken off last year, after five and a half years of oral hell. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 508
You deserved it 2 076

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I had a sister who had that same problem, except she decided to get surgery instead. 5 years later it's like she never had an under bite. Maybe, if you want to, you can do the same thing and get surgery over braces

I'm not surprised. Dentists are some sadistic bastards.

Comments

just pray that they don't have to remove your third molars and premolars before they put your braces again, or you will feel the REAL oral hell. Trust me, I'm crying here.

dyoro93 1

This x100. My orthodontist tried to make me get braces again because my teeth had moved and created a small overbite. I told him to screw off because I'm happy with the look of my teeth and am having no problem with my bite. Ask yourself this, OP. Are you unhappy with how your teeth look? Are they causing you discomfort or pain? If the answer is no, then why get braces again? You're happy and that's all that matters.

I had my braces for two and a half years. Oral hell indeed. Popping pain meds like candy after each tightening and living on soft foods for a few days afterwards. No way in hell would I want to go through that again. Got them off four years ago and still have to wear retainers.

Sorry op I had braces for 8 years and am in the same boat. No underbite but I still have a lot of problems. As long as it isn't too bad and you can live with it then **** it. Nobody is perfect.

Get Invisalign. I'm 3 months into my 3 year plan and I love it! I have a pretty severe crossbite and overbite, and while it won't completely fix either one, it's very very close and is almost 100% pain free. I live in NJ as well; look up Dr. Zhu at Hunterdon Family Dental she is phenomenal!

I was told I'd have to get braces for another year in order to get enough space between two teeth to drill in a fake one into my gums. I just got mine braces off after 5 years. I told the dentist HELL no and I'll just deal with bridges.

They always say that. As long as your teeth look relatively straight and you can chew properly, you don't really need them. Just like any other business, they just want more money.

xxoreo 3

Should of worn your retainer ... smh have fun wearing braces again :)