By Anonymous - 01/04/2016 21:06 - United States - Los Angeles

Today, I went to pick up my daughter from my dad's house. He'd shaved her head bald. "For a laugh." FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 097
You deserved it 1 867

Same thing different taste

Top comments

dBLIZZARD 20

Kick him in the nuts "for a laugh".

While he shouldn't have done that without your consent/her consent (depending on her age), it's not like this is the end of the world. Make sure she knows she's still beautiful no matter what. (Which I'm sure you do anyway)

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

I'm trying to imagine my reaction if I were OP's husband/wife, trusting someone with your child isn't easy and even if you know your in-laws raised your partner, it's still hard. I imagine OP's daughter is less than 4, I would say even younger, I can't picture an older child letting someone shave them. In any case it would be a loooooong time before he got to babysit again and I would be extremely angry. Shaving someone's head is already stupid, shaving a kid's head is beyond that, babies' heads are very fragile so shaving is a big no, and shaving a toddler ? Well that's stupid too, kids make fun of each other for the smallest reasons, a bald girl seems very easy to laugh at --'

as a girl who was born with alopecia, and has been bald all her life, I can confirm that bald girls are treated like shit as kids.

OnlySkyrimStays 11

As a girl that had alopecia, I second this, #65.

These April fools are getting out of hand

Does your daughter like it though? If she's sad about it, that really sucks, but if she likes it and was into the "joke" as much as your dad, then whatever, let her rock her new look.

Depending on the age of the child, she may not fully understand her actions, she could be into it at first and then totally regret it later and not understand why it can't go back to normal quickly

she wanna be a marine like grandpa? :) otherwise grandpa is a huge dick!

Perhaps he deserves his eyebrows waxed. For a laugh of course.

if my father did that to any of my nieces I wouldn't have any sympathy for him when my sister beat him and not let them near him again for awhile