By JazzyandAlice - 20/09/2009 06:06 - United States

Today, I went to babysit eight kids under the age of ten, all by myself. After five hours of Hell, the parents finally came back from the ASU game. I got paid $5. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 961
You deserved it 7 134

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why didn't you say anything?! Stand up for yourself!

Alister09 0

I would say Hmm...$5 for 8 kids under 10? I think I'll tell everyone that goes to my school that you're cheap and you'll never be able to get a babysitter again!

Comments

HotRodScott 0

Lesson learned: state your price for babysitting upfront

1) State a fair price in advance, best to ask people you know who babysit (and 8 kids for 5 hours should be quite a hefty fee) 2) Inform the people you know so they're warned

daycare is cheaper than that, you wanna try to be cheaper than daycare would cost.

Why did you not confirm the details PRIOR to accepting the job?

tell them you'll go to ASU. Then they'll pay you more.

There was an FML almost the same as this one b4

was it jon and kate gosselins kids? cause they would totally do something like that.

I keep asking for an Underpaid Babysitter category so I can ignore it! So, you pulled it 12.5¢ per hour per kid. Do you always sell yourself this cheap?

Really? I think we need a 'I didn't get what I asked for my X present' catagory first.

yeah this is not an FML... this is a ydi..... I've been babysitting for five years and the parents ALWAYS ask me how much I charge per hour the first time. and if they don't I tell them. for eight kids you should have gotten like $15 an hour... unless they were asleep most of the time then possibly $10. If I had gotten $5 I would not have left that house until they paid me MORE. I hope you've learned your lesson.

If they hire you again, let the kids get out of control, or explain that santa isn't real, the tooth fairy is a serial killer and that when the lights go out the boogeyman comes to steal all their favourite toys. And explain in grand detail where babies really come from.