By Anonymous - 30/08/2010 02:02 - United States

Today, I went to an audition for a play. The casting director thanked me for my time, but told me they would pass because I had "the emotional range of a turnip." FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 469
You deserved it 7 153

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Feel honour, how many people get to be compared to a turnip?

screamjewel_ 0

Turnips can be pretty emotional actually.

Comments

Keanu Reeves was given the same notes at his first audition too - but he's no quitter.

CableFrog 3

I disagree. Keanu Reeves has a much greater emotional range: he can switch between "whoa?" and "/sad".

"Emotional range of a turnip?" I don't know much about theater, but i'm pretty sure that doesn't make sense

mindeatingpengui 0

Despite the pun, this comment is a bit illogical, as I've seen a glass of wine evoke an entire range of emotions. O.o

KizaToKiraX 0

Emotional range of a turnip... ARE YOU KRISTEN STEWART???

sallen0046 4

So, you can't act. It's not the end of the world. Would you rather they lie to you and get your hopes up for absolutely no reason?

omigod! just like kristin stewart! haha.

HAHAHHAHAHAH I'm sorry but turnip is just so funny to be compared to...

Evanjelion 0

Drama is about the superficial. It's intrinsically going to judge you based on your outside and ability to fake an emotion. These are not important qualities for humans in general, but in drama these are what you are selling. I think that it's a good sign that you don't know how to fake emotions since such an ability probably means you follow your emotions rather than fake them. Congratulations on being a human being!