By Anonymous - 30/05/2011 08:28 - Australia

Today, I was walking through town when a rough looking woman asked me for a cigarette. I don't smoke but I offered her some apples, and she took two. As I continued on past her, she pegged both of them at me, hitting the back of my head. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 227
You deserved it 11 886

Same thing different taste

Top comments

rosha267 21

How are apples an alternative to cigarettes?

Egnar 19

"Hey I don't smoke, but here have some apples?" - More than likely the thought of something like that, no matter how sincere you were, probably sounded condescending to her. . As if you were better than her and pitied her for smoking. Really should have just said no, sorry I don't smoke.

Comments

Granny smith or golden delicious? It makes a difference.

I only like Granny Smith apples with caramel, to be honest.

0215mike 2

wtf y would u offer her apples as an alternative to cigerettes

0215mike 2

fail on ur part but he said she looks like a rough women he should have just said he doesnt have cigarettes

OP is female for a start.. If the woman was rough looking she probably didn't want to get battered by her!

You know what they say, an apple a day keeps the doctor away. But two apples a day keeps the crazy bag lady in play.

Damn what a waste of some perfectly good apples! Unless they were green apples of course...

green apples are the best idk what you're talking about :)

no blue apples are best, genetic mutations ftw

marix54888 0

Pears are better than apples. now we know why OP gave apples, must save the pears.

At least you hadn't just bought a bag of bowling balls!

"oh, i dont have a cigarette.. here, you can smoke this bowling ball if you'd like!"

Yes, because apples are a perfectly good alternative to cigarettes. If you offered me apples when I was asking for a cigarette I would have thrown them at you too! It's a perfectly acceptable Australian response.

a_nutritionist 10

yeah cos its so hard to just refuse the offer.

020266t 5

You gave them apples why..?

ahahaha. that just made my day savy. thank you

It's funny how beggers, in actuality, are the DEFINiTION of 'choosers'.

you sir, are the "DEFINiTION" of ignorant.