By Anonymous - 20/07/2017 23:00 - United States - Dover

Today, an Asian man approached me and called me pretty. I thanked him and he asked if I'm Chinese. When I said, "No, I'm Taiwanese" he promptly spat in my face and called me a "traitor to the motherland." FML
I agree, your life sucks 6 137
You deserved it 524

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm sorry that happened to you ): My family is Chinese, and even they would tell this guy to chill the **** out.

That's aassault and you can press charges for that sort of thing. "Traitor to the motherland", my ass.

Comments

To understand this, one has to keep in mind that the Republic of China ('Taiwan') sees itself as independent nowadays, whereas the Peoples Republic of China ('China'in the classical meaning) perpetrates a fairly aggressive 'One China policy' that even lays out potential military actions. With that in mind, it´s easy to guess that this guy must be one of those who strongly believe into everything that the higher-up of PR Chinas government say; you could say he was 'indoctrinated'.

Hence why I made the comment about him being "bitter." Communist mainland china views Taiwan as a province that didn't surrender to the PRC at the end of their civil war. Since they (Taiwan) reject the only "valid" government of China, mainland Chinese view Taiwanese as traitors.

Well maybe you shouldn't be a traitor to the mother land then.

Can't do that if you are a Taiwanese

I am Taiwanese too but they don't like to messing with me because of my height XD

rety1 13

spitting on someone is considered assault, you had the legal right to either physically defend yourself or call the police, press charges and laugh as that bitch sits in prison.

ali927truthh 11

to the people that said they deserved it, how?????

LeoCor 19

I hate when people use history to dictate what type of people we are.

TheyCallMeDamien 17

I don't say this often but that sounds like a hate crime. Always call the police for people like that if you can.

Charge him for assault with a deadly weapon. Get tested, that's just nasty and so wrong of him. Sorry op.