By princesspuffypan - 05/10/2011 06:23 - South Africa

Today, I was supposed to get married but we had to postpone as the best man fled the country. With the marriage certificate and vendor money. Not to mention the rings. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 517
You deserved it 3 453

princesspuffypan tells us more.

This is my FML... yes I am married now and no the cops didn't catch him. The reason he was best man in the first place was due to family politics. We managed to have a small wedding shortly after but we still had to pay cost of cancellation.

Top comments

So much for being the best man. That royally sucks - I can only wish that the karma wheel rolls him flat.

Comments

best best man ever. i say u follow him and get married in vegas

why would they fly all the way from south africa to get married in vegas?

Because you can't find a all-night Elvis Chapel in South Africa.

jessesgirl14 16

How do you get the marriage certificate *before* you get married?! But that sucks OP. Maybe next best man will be a better man!

You're supposed to have the marriage certificate at the wedding because the officiant is supposed to sign it. Then you take it back to the town hall and they make the pretty typed version.

In the US, you get the certificate before the wedding so the officiant and witnesses can sign it after the ceremony to make it legal.

Why would anyone saw they deserve this??

cbdee 8

idk, but I 'saw' the grammar police back there, better watch out :p

Ahh, but it's a typo that lead to poor grammar.

Poor grammar, always being shoved in other people's faces. It just wants to be friends.

FYL that seriously sux. What a prick. What kind of "best friend" does this shi*? So sorry!

I'd imagine he would have done it the night before, since you never mentioned him bailing on the pre wedding preparations o_o

Oh well, he was suppose to be the best man.