By ohmigodimchokin - 19/11/2009 00:19 - United States

Today, I was sitting at lunch and started choking on a chip. I couldn't breathe and nobody tried to help me. Having to take matters into my own hands, I reached for a juice box that belonged to someone sitting next to me. After I could breathe again, they informed me that they had mono. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 119
You deserved it 5 001

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Dixie_Normous 0

I dunno I think I'd rather have mono than death.

I too almost died from choking once but luckily I had my handy juicebox with me. The juicebox was able to make a small incision in my trachea and insert an empty pen thus saving my life. That juicebox and I went on to become the best of friends and we travelled the world until one day I accidently stood on him and he exploded. RIP Juicebox. I'll miss you buddy!

Comments

Im_Not_Jimmy 0

I’ve never done this as it annoys me to no end when others do, but I have to call false on this one, as it is not medically possible to dislodge something you are choking on with a drink. If you were choking to the point that you could not breath it means that something was stuck in your WIND pipe which is all together separate from the tube the food goes down, the esophagus. Choking happens when you inhale food into your wind pipe by breathing when you are chewing, or swallowing wrong or even having food accidently slide down getting lodged in the wind pipe while that little flap of skin that covers your wind pipe when your swallowing in order to prevent choking, isn’t covering it. Drinking juice would not dislodge it as the juice would go down where it belonged, down the esophagus which leads to your stomach, not your lungs. If you were drinking into your wind pipe where the chip was lodged, and this is what you would have to had to do in order to dislodge the chip from your wind pipe, you have an altogether larger problem then choking on a chip!

haha yeah, exactly what i said further down. oops. yeah, it's so stupid!

_THE_MASTER_ 0

i think it is if its high enough in your throat though. it is just a small opening to your windpipe from your throat. so i think it could be possible if that was blocked off some. improbable, sure, but i think it is plausible.

coolbeans26 12

I'm sorry no the windpipe is covered until we breathe, if a orcs of food was blocking that from happening, that's choking and drinking would never help dislodge it from the wind pipe. If it blocked the wind pipe then we cough, we can dislodge it fairly quickly and move on.

xSceneSceneBabyx 0

what dumbass goes to school with mono?

With mono, you can be asymptomatic and feel more or less alright, but still be contagious for a long time. When I got it, I was out of work for two months on doctor's orders, and when the symptoms went away I was REALLY anxious to get out of the house and see new scenery. You can go back to work/school towards the end of being sick - you just have to be careful to take it easy.

_THE_MASTER_ 0

85th!!!! suck it, # 1. but seriously. if this is true, be glad you didn't choke to death. don't bitch about having mono. it's better than having a mild case of DEATH. pretty sure you recover from mono.

um. how does juice which goes down the esophagus help you if choking occurs in the windpipe? we learned in science that drinking something wouldn't actually help...

This sounds dumb, but on Halloween I didn't chew a butterfinger all the way, and I was choking on it, but I drank some water and it really helped. But, it wasn't completly "closed" because I could wheeze (but couldn't cough). lol.

rawriamalion 0

I love how everyones debating about being first

jisatsu 0

how the hell do you choke on A chip? Let alone why would somebody help somebody choking on A chip. If you were really choking you should take the Hint, i bet after you stopped choking you ate another one

mono can last for months. rarely do people miss all that school. i almost always go to school when i have it, i'm just usually careful (i have a condition where it reactivates all the time, can't afford to miss that much class).

popatia 0

Failing? Well I guess you have to be superior at something :D