By fiercehawk - 24/04/2013 06:23 - United States - Scottsburg

Today, I was sent to group therapy. A girl spent twenty minutes telling us horrible details of having been raised incestuously. A side effect of my new medication is yawning. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 462
You deserved it 3 936

fiercehawk tells us more.

fiercehawk 20

Thanks to everyone who shared their personal experiences, offered their support or sympathy, or made me laugh.

Top comments

Cover your mouth and apologize if necessary.

Hopefully others are aware of tthat meds effects. At least it doesn't react like Viagra.

Comments

That sounds like it could be an SNL skit. This is def a time when communicating what's going on with you is unimportant.

Yeah why don't you just tell about your medication

You might want to consider mentioning that before you look like a complete ass to everyone in the group :)

RedPillSucks 31

Yes, The fire that's burning between Ezio and the cat O.o while you're stuck in the back, rowing...

finch01 18

oh yes the need for more air...

Celexa will do that. I had the yawning issue too. It sucks

AbstraktThoughts 13

Anyone else actually yawn at the right times while reading this comment? ;)

asia3pea90 13

You could've controlled that. That is really rude and disrespectful...

Most of the time when you yawn, you can't control it. Don't be stupid.

Mademoiselle_fml 34

I've had meds with that side-effect before. When I suppressed the yawn, I'd feel short of breath and kinda anxious... it's hard to explain, but if OP had the same effect, then I don't blame her for continuing to yawn. A simple explanation would suffice. That's what I would do so my friends wouldn't think I was bored of our conversation or whatever :)

You can't control a yawn, you can only temporarily suppress it, and even that is hard. Being on meds will makes this even worse, don't be a condescending prick...

fiercehawk 20

Obviously (to most) not. Much like you cannot control your low IQ. You could, however, learn to choose compassion over judgment.

oh to have been a fly on the wall in that room.