By anon - 23/03/2015 02:24 - Canada - Toronto

Today, I was playing with my 3-year-old nephew when he suddenly got up and ran to his mom to tell her I was "touching in bad spots". I was tickling his armpits. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 323
You deserved it 2 926

Same thing different taste

Top comments

triplebeerox 27

You definitely need to talk to the mom so she doesn't think you're molesting her kid

Comments

oh my goodness, that's going to be quite the story to tell him when he's older!

I HATE being tickled. A long-ago boyfriend thought it would be funny to hold me down and tickle me unmercifully, even after I told him to stop. He learned the hard way that wasn't a good idea. I kneed him in the nuts.

The kid was probably taught to say that when he doesn't like a place someone's touching him. I'm sure his mom understands.

As much that is a really poor way for him to have phrased it, I can't help wondering if he wasn't expressing true distress from being tickled. I HATED being tickled as a child and there was one girl in my class who kept doing it, even though I begged her to stop. Maybe he really didn't like being tickling, and for him it was a 'bad spot', just not in the way it sounded like.

its nothing to feel bad about it, might be possible that arm pits as bad spots were taught by his mother. chill, feel confident :)

So many different opinions on this. I don't think I've seen a more diverse thread lol

He knew EXACTLY what he was doing lol trying to get you in serious trouble

I admit, the kid chose some unfortunate words to frame his complaint, but being tickled really bothers some people. Even three year olds have the right to bodily integrity, the right to set boundaries, and the right to have their "no" taken seriously.

...He's three. He can't just do whatever he wants. His parents need to have a serious talk with him about why he can't lie about people touching his "bad spots."

He isn't lying if he's being touched in a way or place that is distressing to him. It's something even kids show's like "the big comfy couch" cover. Tickling isn't nice if you don't want it. It's unwanted touching.

#67 I realize we have an honest and reasonable difference of opinion here, but my first reaction is not that he's lying, it's that he made an unfortunate choice of words without being fully aware of what the phrase "touched me in a bad spot" means to an older child, or to an adult. I don't doubt that he's made uncomfortable by tickling and doesn't like it, and, if that's the case, his "No" should be respected.

TallMist 32

#67 Are you saying the kid has no right to say "No" to being tickled? Even if it hurts them or feels totally uncomfortable to them? And yes, tickling CAN hurt. Just because you're laughing does NOT mean you're having a good time.