By bigryngf - 04/08/2009 22:12 - United States

Today, I was on my couch when my landlord walked in. He asked what I was doing there. I responded with the same question. Apparently my roommate forgot to call me and tell me that our lease ended three days ago. I am now standing in the parking lot with all my belongings, and it is raining. FML
I agree, your life sucks 56 312
You deserved it 6 986

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's how the FMLs are written.... doesn't mean that he is currently sitting outside in the rain right now. He is probably describing the situation when it happened. THINK!

Didn't you notice your roommate had moved out with all his stuff three days ago? And why is your landlord so uncompromising? He just made you move all your stuff out? Is your place in terrible condition or something? This is definitely a YDI.

Comments

spiderman0606 0

How does that make any sense?

#36...Have you HAD a horrible roommate? If not, try it. THEN you'll get it. (Freshman year...O.o disaster)

When you moved in didn't you have to sign a lease/sublease agreement? That would have clearly stated the term of the lease and anything else you would need to know about living there. Even if you were only staying with an acquaintance and paying him rent directly, how did you not notice that they weren't there and that they took their stuff with them? I find this hard to believe for several reasons...

udumbidiot 0

well now is an opportunity to get REALLY creative and build yourself a tent/cave out of your stuff, so u can keep outta the rain.... u could even hunt for food. OR even smarter, you could get in your car/call a cab.

LOL I cant totally picture what happened

I just wonder why your posting this here and not on rent.com?

9k5 0

... You are now standing in the rain, typing on a laptop?

AAAAHHHH12 2
9k5 0

Then... He's standing in the rain typing on an er... non-laptop-computer?

cherlana32 0

or he's using his phone.... either that or a "non-laptop-computer".

Imawhalerider 0

He got to a computer to report this so I think so.

Since you wrote "our lease ended", I am assuming your name was also on the lease. How did you not know how long you signed a lease for? Plus, most apartment places will send you information about resigning a new lease with them before your current one expires; usually the month before expiration. I find it hard to believe you didn't notice your roommate moving all of his belongings out.

YDI. How the hell did you not know when it expired?

agreed, your roomate was moved out, they would have sent you notices, you would have known when it expired, can i just say the FML's today have sucked

That frakking sucks. You can't trust anyone these days. :(