By Lilly - 02/10/2013 12:43 - United States - Conway

Today, I was on a dinner date with a guy I really like. I guess I was on my phone too much because halfway through the date he sent me a text saying how much my half of the bill would be. FML
I agree, your life sucks 18 679
You deserved it 124 272

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's incredibly rude of you. You "guess"?! I'd would say that you were. Be a little more polite next time and stash your phone away; the newest twitter updates can wait.

You really like him, huh? You really showed it. YDI

Comments

Your fault. Maybe you should grow up and realize that life is happening all around you, and not on the Internet ydi.

Yeah you deserved it... this is a huge pet peeve of mine! Had I been in that guys shoes I would have probably gotten up and left you with the whole bill... you probably wouldn't have noticed for a while anyways... but your date was nicer than I...

Not only are you rude, but you assumed he would pay? Wow, you are not a keeper. Ydi

that was kinda of rude, but should the guy always pay for dinner? like all of it...

OP never mentioned she expected him to pay.

Sweetpea22 14

Many women expect men to pay for dinner. So OP could have thought he would pay

squideth 18

Jfc guys it's 2013. Women can and do pay for part of the bill. Especially since she was ******* attached to her phone all night.

She should consider herself lucky that he didn't leave her with the whole bill for being so insensitive. If I were in his shoes, I would have left her at the table as soon as I saw the phone coming out a second time. You can't expect a guy to pay the whole bill if he is treated with such disrespect.

Sweetpea22 14

OP is another one of the idiots who think people on FML would sympathize with them. They are the ones that I find the most hilarious.

piggle 9

You guess you were on your phone too much? You shouldn't be on the phone at all while you're on a date. Why would you think that was okay?

150493x 29

You deserve it. Nothing annoys me more than trying to enjoy a meat with someone who is glued to their phone. If I was him I'd have made you pay the full bill for being so damn rude.

If you liked him so much, why weren't you focusing on him rather than your phone?