By boohoo - 04/06/2012 12:45 - Netherlands - Amstelveen

Today, I was on a date with a very intelligent and handsome guy. I was so nervous that when he was telling me about his twin sister, I asked him if they were identical twins. FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 566
You deserved it 21 024

Same thing different taste

Top comments

_ebbonyy 11

Awkward.. but if the 'intelligent and handome' guy doesn't have a good enough sense of humour to not hold it against you, then you're probably better off without him :-)

Hiimhaileypotter 52

I would probably do that too, honestly. He probably thought it was cute! If not...AVADA KEDAVRA!

Comments

kennedyboopants 1

Meh, just laugh it off. Just because he's intelligent doesn't mean he can't joke around.

Being a fraternal twin myself, that is one of the most annoying questions to be ever asked.. does the fact that ones a boy and the others a girl not make sense??

There are identical twins of a different sex. Not common but still there.

I could be completely wrong, but I MUST voice out my thoughts. Aren't there twins that although were born at the same date and time have different features? Like the twins were one was white and the other black. Don't get me wrong, I don't wish to stick my nose where is shouldn't, but I'm self-righteous to a fault. Just because they're twins doesn't mean they have to be identical, so technically OP didn't mess up by asking that question.

lowie89 7

When I was little in elementary school there were twins a brother and a sister and they would tell people they were identical lol

iamabamf 17

59-Well, technically she did because girls and boys can never be identical twins. Fraternal, yes. Identical, obviously not.

unknown_user5566 26

59- I believe they can only be considered identical twins if they are the same sex. If that's the case, OP did mess up. However if this guy is trully intelligent, I'm sure he realized it was an error borne of nervousness, and will let it go. Laugh it off, OP. :)

unknown_user5566 26
alex540150 9

What? That's not a stupid question; maybe they're fraternal twins!

Llamacod 11

what? that is a stupid question and an even more stupid comment as they almost always (99.9999%) will be fraternal twins if they are of different sex at birth