By Anonymous - 21/02/2014 07:02

Today, I was let go from work because they need "younger people". I'm 19 and I work at a flower market. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 587
You deserved it 3 322

Same thing different taste

Top comments

unwantedforlife 14

I'm pretty sure that's an illegal reason for being fired, at least in America.

Wizardo 33

If the employees get any younger its gonna get illegal, fight the flower power OP.

Comments

arandomusernameaa 20

Your pony drawing is shit, that is your fault.

thejewishfuhrer 17

And your comment is shit too, which is also your fault. Get out of here #13. Oh and on your way out, make sure to re-read the FML.

It was his first comment. Everyone knows the first time is not as good how everyone makes out sound.

JMichael 25

Doesn't sound like a job you'd want to have, if that's their reasoning for firing someone. Sorry OP.

They must be confused: life span of fresh flowers is days but maybe they think is the same with workers !!!

beaverteaser 16

who the hell runs the place,herbert the pervert

Wow. What the hell? If they hire any younger than you they'll have a suffering business full of high schoolers.

In some professions/working environments it's legal to pay 18 & under a % lower than 'adults' 19 and over. Isn't great if it's you who has their employment cancelled. But it is legal. Now you have experience theory is you can find it easier to get another job. Good luck with the search

In the UK you're not entitled to full minimum wage until 21. There's 16-17 rates and 18-20 rates. No minimum until school leaving age. It's well known that some companies get rid of people coming up for the next age rate, proving it isn't so easy. Others routinely fire people when their rights kick in, now at 2 years, used to be one, before that you can be dismissed for any non protected reason.

Take them to court, that was discrimination.

constitutional rights! take him to the Supreme Court xD

sounds like there is more to it than their letting onto

That sounds like the ultimate bullshit excuse. Depending on where you live, they can't get much younger without breaking labor laws.