By Kelly1995 - 21/03/2016 20:20 - United States - Pompey

Today, I was in the gym waiting for my boyfriend while he played racquetball. I had to listen to old men talk about their prostates for 15 minutes. FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 492
You deserved it 2 950

Kelly1995_fml tells us more.

Kelly1995_fml 8

Just for everyone's information I couldn't go outside because it was too cold It was hard not to hear them when they were very loud old men It didn't disgust me because it's the human body but I more of had to try not to laugh listening to them all causally talk about their prostates and comparing them like they were toys So please stop being butt hurt about this I made this FML to share a funny experience at the gym. Thanks :)

Top comments

saxaddict122 14

You easily could have walked away if it made you uncomfortable. I've never been to a gym so small that people can't be out of earshot.

It's really important for them to get their prostates checked out when they're old so at least they're aware about it! And as if older people haven't had to listen to gross conversations from the younger generation.

Comments

That sounds like a real pain in the butt...

So move, dont eavesdrop, go outside or, here's an idea, acknowledge that it's a normal piece of human anatomy with importance pertaining to their health.

andrmac 25

You're at the gym you should always have headphones to either be antisocial to the crazies or avoid listening to this shit even if you are not a gym member.

This is why i carry headphones with me so that i dont have to listen to stupid conversations.

Prostate health isn't even remotely stupid, especially at their age.

My grandfather was a very healthy man and his life was cut short, very short just because of prostate cancer. He suffered, passed away tragically. He was a good man. How dare you, a fully grown adult say such a thing.

Thank You!! At least I know someone has a brain!!!

If it made you uncomfortable you could've just walked away, the gym shouldn't be that small. Or just stay outside.

Isn't that a personal thing to talk about? I would only talk to my dr and girlfriend/wife about something like that and in the privacy of my own home.

Why am I getting negative votes just curious.

@19. It's common for older/elderly people to swap advice and stories over health matters and bodily functions.

born_hustla 26

Yup, it's not longer "money, cash, hoes and sexual exploits" after a short while...it gets serious with these men! Prostate is real talk!