By Poop - 02/10/2009 01:09 - United States

Today, I was in a video chat with an old friend who I haven't talked to in years, and my mom walks in. The first thing she says is, "Did you close the toilet after you pooped? Cause today on the news I heard that your poop particles can fly up to 25 feet, landing on your toothbrush." FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 982
You deserved it 3 207

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well, Orbit is always there to use afterwards. I'd still like to know where the hell they tested shit particles flying up in a parabolic arc 25 feet into the air though.

Well, at least your old friend has a reason not to talk to you for years again.

Comments

Well, Orbit is always there to use afterwards. I'd still like to know where the hell they tested shit particles flying up in a parabolic arc 25 feet into the air though.

So_Yeah 0

They test for bacteria present in faeces, and see where else its found. You have a whole colony of bacteria that lives exclusively in your colon, so if its found on your toothbrush there's only one place it could have come from... so unless some people have some rather odd hygeine rituals... its from the toilet.

Your toothbrush is stored 25 feet above the toilet?

xenomorph 0

More like when the toilet is flushed, air bubbles form, and when they pop, mist is sprayed everywhere. It's as effective as Glade in a can, only instead of a fragrance, it leaves [i]E. coli[/i] everywhere. And if you close the lid, next one to open it gets it in his/her face. Best countermeasure: the fan.

Reyo 2

I think a chip is inplanted into new parents that allowes them to talk about the most random ass shit at the worst time possible. I was on a wi-fi chat with a friend from school, and after hours and hours of not saying anything, my Mom decided that THIS 5 minute interval was the right time to descuss the underwear that was washing in the washingmachine. Dear lord...

Mythbusters, episode 12. The bacteria you are referring to was found on control toothbrushes that had not been exposed to a toilet.

#51, i agree, mythbusters proved this wrong. shit and bacteria do not fly everywhere when you flush.

do you have to drink a lot of soda so your poo becomes carbonated and like fizzes or something to cause these particles to fly?

it's the pressure of the water when you flush, not the poo itself

Well, at least your old friend has a reason not to talk to you for years again.

picturetaker 0
PsYcHoSOADLaDy 0

That's An Interesting Fact.... Um Ew

Your mum wins. Good to know that poop particles specifically target toothbrushes, though.

OK, but she should ask her mom is that why she is wearing that shit-eating grin.

More importantly, why is there corn stuck between her teeth?!

wazdog 4

FML for this?? Boo hoo you're friend knows you poop.

They've created an army. None are safe. Hide.

leggyxo 0

Hahahahahahahaha. The funny thing is my mom told me the same exact thing, except i wasnt chatting with a friend. I still dont close the toilet lid.