By Very_Bad_Luck - 10/08/2009 04:41 - United States

Today, I was having a serious discussion with my girlfriend of 11 months. I broke the news that I was diagnosed with Lymphoma and I needed her support through my treatments. Ten minutes after, I receive a text saying that she can't endure the pain and stress that I'm causing her, and that we're done. FML
I agree, your life sucks 69 349
You deserved it 3 302

Very_Bad_Luck tells us more.

Very_Bad_Luck 0

Hi. I'm deciding to comment on my own FML to truly thank the people who wish me luck and keep me in their prayers. If you wish to learn more check out my profile. Thanks!!

Top comments

Wow, what a bitch. You should be happy she's gone.

Well, dude, I gotta be honest: If she wasn't willing/able to support you through this, she's not the one for you anyway. To be fair, it couldn't be easy for her, either (no, it's not 'all about her', but neither is it an easy thing to see someone through) and if you can't cope, you just can't cope. It sucks but it's how it goes. Really, though, the reality is that if you *really* love someone, there's pretty much nothing you won't support them through, and she just wasn't in it. FYL, mate. Best of luck, hope everything turns out well and that you have other people (who really love you) to support you through this shitty time.

Comments

total agreement that this is a fml but unfortunately 11 months less you're quite serious isn't exactly a strong pull for all that either.

I'm sorry she did that. I don't know what I would to if my boyfriend left me right now. I just got dignosed with fibromyalgia. it's scary and you'll make it though. things that help me are journaling alot. join a forurm with other people going though the same thing. thing is my boyfriend is in army basic training so he's pretty much not here. maybe if she stayed she would have just made you feel worse. you can find someone who really will stuck with you. good luck.

I know how you feel. I've had Fibro since I was 11. (I'm 27 now). It sucks. :(

sshockey 0

My boyfriend was diagnosed with lymphoma in February, and i stuck with him. I can see where she was coming from, but she should have been a little less harsh, and anyway, if she couldn't get through hearing about it, you wouldn't have gotten through all of the treatments and everything else. Find someone who will be supportive, it helps a lot. Good luck with everything!

I am so sorry.. my brother died from Burkitts Lymphoma.. and I know it would have killed him if we had not all been there... Even when people got stressed out.. they would leave for a few min. take in some fresh air.. and hit back at it.. I am sorry she could not care for you enough...

I'm so sorry for that. You don't need her if she can't stick by you. Wishing the best of luck! :)

I'm so sorry to hear this....that really sucks, specially cause of the illness, but if you want to see at the bright side you are gonna die anyways, so why care about her? hur hur hur

Wow, I agree with a lot of the people up here: She was a ******* bitch. Honestly, be glad she's gone, there are way, WAY better people you could be with.

God... that's awful... if anything if my boyfriend told me the same thing I'd stick by him and help him get through!! I love my boyfriend and would never dream of breaking up with him due to something like that. Your girlfriend was such a bitch to break up with you.

Oh and I wish you the very best Good Luck!!!!!!!!!

I guess it's better to find out now what kind of person she is rather than later after (possibly) marriage and kids.

OMG! That is horrible! What a bitch. Forget about her, Hun. You just concentrate on getting better and remember, your special someone is out there waiting for you! :) ::HUGZ::