By Very_Bad_Luck - 10/08/2009 04:41 - United States

Today, I was having a serious discussion with my girlfriend of 11 months. I broke the news that I was diagnosed with Lymphoma and I needed her support through my treatments. Ten minutes after, I receive a text saying that she can't endure the pain and stress that I'm causing her, and that we're done. FML
I agree, your life sucks 69 349
You deserved it 3 302

Very_Bad_Luck tells us more.

Very_Bad_Luck 0

Hi. I'm deciding to comment on my own FML to truly thank the people who wish me luck and keep me in their prayers. If you wish to learn more check out my profile. Thanks!!

Top comments

Wow, what a bitch. You should be happy she's gone.

Well, dude, I gotta be honest: If she wasn't willing/able to support you through this, she's not the one for you anyway. To be fair, it couldn't be easy for her, either (no, it's not 'all about her', but neither is it an easy thing to see someone through) and if you can't cope, you just can't cope. It sucks but it's how it goes. Really, though, the reality is that if you *really* love someone, there's pretty much nothing you won't support them through, and she just wasn't in it. FYL, mate. Best of luck, hope everything turns out well and that you have other people (who really love you) to support you through this shitty time.

Comments

If you punch a bear in the face it won't flee, it will fight back unless of course you're a beast then bring a video camera and everyone can watch the epic fight.

That's great advice for life. I'll be sure to remember that.

that shit sucks. I am really sorry to hear that and wish you the best luck in life.

That sucks Dude. FYL. Although, if shes going to be like that, you dont need someone like that in your life. Plenty of your freinds will help you through this time of trouble. Good Luck in the Future. :)

There are just some people who don't have the courage to handle someone else's disease. You ought to find that girl from a couple of days ago whose boyfriend dumped her because she had seizures. You two could be good for each other.

xoxoCheer 0

Wishing you all the luck and strength! I'm sorry that she dumped you because of this, but some people just can't handle the stress, like she said herself. Although it's pretty selfish, I see her point. It's still very selfish and rude nonetheless.

Man, just hope that she gets sick and no one will be there to take care of her. Then she'll know how it feels.

gorguz14evar 0

Well one day she will get hurt bad for it. Especially the fact she dumped you via text message. I think she isnt worth it if thats how she dumps people or treats them.. I really do wish you the best.

liketoknow 0

why is everyone punking the girl? They know each other for less than a year...WTF ... You expect to commitment for shit like that! Besides they are not committed thought sickness and health...that is why they call it dating. Dude that sucks, but hate the luck not the girl, you are not worth it!

I agree. It's sad that she left, but I completely understand. 11 months really isn't that long and why would she want to put herself through that kind of pain. The only thing that was stupid was that she broke up by text. I'm sorry though, lymphoma sucks =C

Violet_Illuser 0

I had a friend in high school who was diagnosed with cancer. He was basically forced to leave school for a year as he had chemo treatments, and very few people could visit him because of his shot immune system, yet not just family members, but FRIENDS (some who only knew him for a short year) would visit him as often as possible. So a girlfriend of almost a year can't support her boyfriend? Bull-f*cking-shit.

I wouldnt worry about it, to be honest she is ignorant. Lymphoma is one of the easiest if not the easiest cancer to put into remission. Stick it out buddy you'l be very well off especially without an unsupportive woman at your side.