By thisrllysucks - 05/09/2009 14:16 - United States

Today, I was going to ask this girl I love to homecoming. I set up a scavenger hunt, and my friend led her through it. At the end of the scavenger hunt I had a note that said, "Homecoming?" She said yes and hugged my friend. When I told her it was me who was asking, she laughed and said no. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 693
You deserved it 10 648

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You should have just asked her instead of doing a scavenger hunt. And you should have led her on the hunt yourself at least. YDI

Ugh that's harsh. I'm sorry that happened.

Comments

That really sucks. Hey.. she's just a girl.

That sounds really cute. It's too bad it didn't work out, since you went at it so elaborately. She's never gonna get another guy to do that for her, I bet lol Also, for those who think he's a pussy for having his friend lead through, personally I thought that was so he could surprise her at the end with himself. You know, kind of like how the person throwing a surprise birthday party actually has someone else lead the birthday boy/girl to the party? And, maybe this is just me, but I think it's kind of dumb of her to assume it was the friend asking, since someone they hadn't come in contact with on the hunt was the one holding the note. Would seem kind of random and ... eh, wrong? incorrect? out of place? ... for the friend to just grab someone up to give her the note instead of doing it himself at that point. She is kind of bitchy for laughing... unless it was nervous laughter from the mistake. After all, would be pretty awkward. And of course nothing says he doesn't already know her. After all, she knew at least the friend (or I would hope if she said "yes" to him) and by association she knows the OP. Unfortunately, apparently not as well as OP hoped.

yeah, if you didnt have the bollocks to do it yourself, you should have got a girl to do it, then she wont have gotten mixed up ;) unless you're totally barking up the wrong tree....

redblueviolet 0

I agree with #103. Judging from this situation, I don't think OP truly loves the girl, and is just infatuated or possibly trying to get pity, but I disagree with everyone saying you're a creep if you love someone without going out with them. It's most definitely possible if you get to know the person very well. I'd say a lot of people fall in love before they date the person; typically, though (but not always), they know they LIKE the person but don't realize they're in LOVE until after they start dating. Or so I've noticed ^_^ You know, I bet if the girl had said yes, everyone would say how adorable that was and how OP is a great guy and totally NOT a creeper and must really truly love her and how they'll make a perfect couple. Unrequited love just doesn't get the credit it got in the 1600s... OP - As I said, I don't know if this is real love, but I know how heartbreak feels, and it can suck. FYL, and it will get better, believe me.

you were just gonna use here for practice right?

fml3164 0

YDI for being creepy and saying you love the girl. cuz if u actually did "love" her the chances are you two would already be in a relationship.

BioMajor12 0

Your in high school, you dont know the meaning of love. And it sounds like your not important to her at all, even as friends, so why would you "love" her.

Elenachka 0

you don't know the meaning of "you're"

seriously why the **** did you get your friend to take her retard