By MikaykayUnicorn - 16/08/2015 03:41 - United States - Blanchard

Today, I was forced to watch my 5 year old cousin. In an attempt to get him to sit still for a minute, I challenged him to a thumb wrestling match. It's been 2 hours and he keeps thumb wrestling me. If I stop, he cries. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 055
You deserved it 3 882

MikaykayUnicorn tells us more.

MikaykayUnicorn 36

Hi, I'm the OP. To clarify, he comes from a terrible home. Mother is a druggie, father is abusive. Doesn't get much attention, so I decided to give him a little. I didn't think, however, he would get upset every time I tried to do something else. He is a really sweet kid, he just has a lot of energy and no one wants to spend any time with him so the energy is built up. And by "cries," I didn't mean tears, (his father would hit him whenever he cried and tell him to be a man, so he doesn't cry) I meant crying as in whining.

Top comments

19990231 29

Just stop, he can't always get what he wants. Otherwise, you could try to get him to try a different activity.

Comments

corky1992 33

I would just let him cry. kids need to learn throwing fits doesn't get you what you want.

If you win enough he might want to do something else...

Stop and just get some headphones to drown him out

Two hours?! I would have let the brat cry 10minutes in.

kids need to learn when enough is enough

He'a five, not a baby. If you let him get away with it he'll be hell to deal with when he's older. Tell him no and if he throws a fit, ground him.

Let him cry. Eventually he will stop. Don't let a five year old dictate to you. There is nothing wrong with saying no more and move on to something else

You never start something with a child unless you are prepared to continue doing it for the entirety of the day.

Let him cry. Kid's gotta learn somehow that he can't always get what he wants hand has to be considerate of others. Else he'll wind up like three-thirds of the Internet community.