By RandomLG94 - 31/10/2015 20:35 - United States - Columbia

Today, I was fired from my job because I would "scare" the customers. Two days ago a coworker spilled fry oil onto the grill causing flames to singe my eyebrows and the front of my hair off. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 016
You deserved it 1 575

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sue your workplace twice for not protecting you and then discriminating against you

cant you get your job back because your looks cant be reason to fire someone.

Comments

the_help1327 1

Contact OSHA legally you cannot be fired for neither the incident at your workplace or for contacting OSHA. you should get your job back, or at least a fair compensation.

Update: The manager that fired me had apparently gotten served divorce papers earlier that day and all my friend at work stood up for me and went to the company owner and got my job back with an extra $4 and hour!!! I start on Wednesday :)

Geckosrock99 33

Glad it all worked out and then some, OP. I hope that manager got a talking to about firing you like that. I understand he's only human and under stress, but he shouldn't have taken it out on you.

Cherry83_fml 3

That is highly illegal and I would sue. and they should be paying your medical bills for this as well. contact a lawyer asap. hope you recover quick.

Sandman2015 12

Call the shop owner. Use the word "lawsuit" and watch how quickly they're going to be falling all over themselves.

its illegal to fire u for that, they should have compensated u if anything provide u with a different duty if necessary u should call a place for free legal advice and ask them if u are due anything, (causing u to lose your income due to actions other than your own, pain/injury), potentially so much more.