By Anonymous - 06/09/2013 11:45 - United States - Gorham

Today, after 8 months of being belittled and treated like trash at my job as a prep cook in a high-end kitchen, I stood up for myself to the line cooks. Not only did everyone laugh at me, I got fired for causing a scene during service and insubordination. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 949
You deserved it 9 673

Same thing different taste

Top comments

At least you tried to stand up for yourself. You don't deserve to be treated like that.

Maybe if you did it with a knife in your hand they wouldnt have laughed so much...

Comments

At least you tried to stand up for yourself. You don't deserve to be treated like that.

friedpwnadge 25

They really must have stirred you up until you were simmering. If they weren't treating their coworkers properly then standing up for yourself was eggsactly appropriate.

@11, you do know #1 isn't OP. I give your Thread Jacking with a side of diced potatoes a 1out of 5 stars.

should have taken some food with ya on the way out too

should have taken some food with ya on the way out

fishstick557 14

My uncle is a chef I remember he told me it happens to all prep cooks, he used to be one. It's kinda like firefighting. You need to work your way up with the amount of years of experience you get.

Maybe if you did it with a knife in your hand they wouldnt have laughed so much...

subiedude08 17

Yea and a great way to get in more trouble too Are you really that stupid?

DrownedMyFish 18

18, he is joking. Calm your nipples.

25, Maybe you should learn grammar before pointing out another comment is missing a "period."

#56 It looked like a nipple, that why he said it

DrownedMyFish 18

You're better off without them, OP. Now you can look for a job where you are appreciated and treated with respect.

Yes but now he has no references at his last job. Common Workplace Rules: 1) Don't ever burn your bridges no matter how much you hate your job. 2) Never cause a scene where fellow employees and customers can hear you.

Common misconception, If you explain you did it because of harassment issues, then the Employer will understand. And if they don't, that's not a god job to begin with because they most likely will do the same thing

TheDrifter 23

Do you know how many people I get come in who have been fired (often many times) who claim it's not their fault? Every one who's been fired. Somehow every job they got fired from was "abusive" and "deserved" the actions that got the person fired. All those applications go in the trash.

Was it Gordon Ramsay? He's a real crowfucker.

I'd like to learn more about this English ************ language you speak of.......

Ask Samuel L. Jackson, he speaks English mother ****** quite well :D.

Haha how did 29 get buried? Samuel L. Jackson is a badass

Rosebudx 32

Well hey, at least you've still got the experience. Now you can try to find a higher-end restaurant to take your services to, where hopefully the line cooks aren't as jerkish. Then again, I get the feeling that a lot of chefs are like that...anyhow, good luck OP!

MerrikBarbarian 9

Stood up for yourself how? Depending on if you were calm and assertive or threw a fit which disrupted service I'm torn between FYL and YDI. To my mind respect is earned. If you deserved it depends entirely on how you handled yourself.

bingbongbingbong 11

You have to work your way up in a kitchen

everton99 16

What do you mean call corporate? If its a high end restaurant the odds are pretty good that a corporation doesn't own it. It's gonna be owned by either one person or a small group of people.