By didntknowyoucouldbreakit - 06/10/2012 20:29 - New Zealand - Auckland

Today, I was fiddling around with the thermostat at my new place. For a laugh, I twisted the knob all the way to 40° celsius, when it snapped off. I don't have a clue how to fix it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 004
You deserved it 42 986

Same thing different taste

Comments

Nice job...you can't get any stupid than that.

redmane 21

*can't get any more stupid than that.

Call an electrician or shut off the power at your place. Hey, it beats sweating your ass off all day long.

KiddNYC1O 20

Next time just tickle yourself.

iamwill363 3

maybe its a sign that you're not ready to have your own place yet.

Really? You don't know how to fix it? You don't know how to set the heat/cool/off switch to one of those two that isn't heat? Or assuming you managed to break that too, you don't know how to turn off a circuit breaker? I don't want to hear anyone comment on Americans being stupid again.

The thermostat I have doesn't have a "heat/cool/off switch" it only has the knob. Turning it to 0 turns it off completely, maybe OP has on like that as well. Also if OP moved into an apartment rather than a house they probably don't have access to the circuit breaker, I never did in any apartment I lived in. The OP could probably figure out a way to turn the piece the knob was attached to though, if not then they have to pay someone to come fix it.

Is it getting hot in here? That's the feeling of dumbass in your house

KiddNYC1O 20

I am getting so hot, I wanna take my clothes off!

RealReality 12

FYL, it's like you wanted it to break.

AJE98 5

Turn it off at the furnace and then fix it

Marrach 7

C•=40 [In this case] 40x9/5+32 = 104 F 'Bout to get hot up in there! No, but really YDI. Common sense to not be childish to play with thermostat. Must be your first place ..

brokenly 5