By failingyetagain - 20/07/2015 22:17 - United Kingdom - Barrow Upon Soar

Today, I was doing my first shift waitressing in a café. Not an hour in, I'd already spilt tea over somebody and dropped two whole meals. Looks like this won't last much longer. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 321
You deserved it 4 513

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You have to crack a few eggs to make an omelette.

olpally 32

Probably one of the harder customer service jobs to do. just keep at it OP, we all have to start somewhere. Just fight through it.

Comments

Don't give up! My first waitressing job lasted only 2 weeks, the next one much longer. You can do it!

Lol damn....how clumsier can you get

TallMist 32

It's their first day on the job. What do you expect of the OP?

Idk, not to spill tea on the customers? Its not hard. Its his first day at a job, not his first day at life or the first day with his hands lol 1 accident is ok but when you make three huge ones in one day please just quit lol

TallMist 32

Have you considered the idea they had to carry several plates and/or drinks at once? Or the idea that it could have been a crowded restaurant? Maybe they accidentally tripped over their feet once. I mean, we all do THAT from time to time, at least.

I dont trip on my feet 3times per day bro, i dont know what kind of feet you got, i aint judging lol And still, im sure he doesnt HAVE to take all that in one plate since it's his first day, he can take it slow...i'm sure the manager would understand....

TallMist 32

"I don't trip on my feet 3 times per day." And that was the last you recognized any of my reply to you in your own reply to me. I only said what if one of those few times they just simply tripped on their own feet. I didn't say every time. What if it was a very crowded restaurant? What if people kept bumping into OP, which the OP couldn't control? You can't totally blame the OP for this. Not until OP pipes in and says it wasn't crowded and they were never bumped into. And then there's the idea OP's boss was working OP hard from the very beginning, forcing OP to carry too many plates at once.

Don't worry OP. Things will get better. Just keep your head high :)

not an easy job, by any standard. if you're good at it, it can pay e eventually though. I tip well for good service.

It's not an easy job. Some people just arnt cut out for that type of work. For serving you either for it or you don't in my opinion.

Mistakes are a part a life. Pick up from where it all ended and you are sure to do well. Best of luck.

That's a tough job, but you'll get the hang of it after a while! Stay positive op! :)

I work in a restaurant although not as a server, but I've seen people start off bad but then turn into the best servers we've ever had. just keep trying! you will get the hang of it!

Well first you need to get bit by a radioactive spider.. Then you gotta discover your potential... Have your uncle get shot, then go be a waitress part time while saving new york. You'll never drop a tray promise.