By Rebecca - 13/06/2012 23:50 - Australia - Dural

Today, I was chatting to a co-worker, upon whom I have a serious crush. It was going really well, until he said "irregardless", as if it's actually a proper word. This grammatical abomination really ticks me off, and I actually had to fight back the urge to beat some damn sense into him. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 303
You deserved it 34 803

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I think we have a real life grammar nazi on our hands.

F his life for having such a bitch of a co worker

Comments

CurlyGurlF 6

I HATE when people say that!

cherry72 13

IMO... Never get into a relationship with a coworker 9 times outta 10 it doesn't end well and then you still have to work with them. I learned the hard way. And that was a A-hole response from him.

I feel for you - that's a major turn off if you had considered him a serious option.

technically, "irregardless" is actually a syntactical error. it's not grammatically improper to use it in that context, it's just not a word.

Except it's not. It's "regardless" with an entirely redundant prefix.

Who cares. I hate people like that he's better off without you.

I am an English major and I pride myself on having near perfect grammar. Poor grammar and made up words make me want to punch a dolphin.

Get over yourself. I'm an English major as well, and I at least try to be understanding when people make grammatical errors. You're a jerk if you can't get over it when people make minor grammatical errors. Not everybody is an English Major. God, I hate people like you. Why would you want to be friends with someone who can't even accept minor grammatical errors? No one is perfect. People make mistakes.

being a grammer freak sucks sometimes i should no