By Noname - 09/03/2009 23:36 - Canada

Today, I was babysitting my co-workers son. He was eating jell-o and spilt it on his top, so I pulled off his pj's, and went in his room to grab a new pair. I heard a thunk and ran to find him out cold on the floor. His parents walked in on me trying to wake up their naked 3 year old. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 992
You deserved it 6 053

Same thing different taste

Top comments

dude, take the kid with you nxt time...

Jello isn't liquidy... unless he mushed it into his pjs, you could've just picked it off and wiped the sticky off. No need to change them. Regardless, you shouldn't have left him alone.

Comments

notnormal 0

why is it that the parents walk in at the worst moment possible? And people, leaving a three-year-old alone in the living room for 30 seconds generally doesn't lead to the child passing out on the floor. Everybody leaves small children unsupervised for short periods of time. Relax. This was just very, very bad luck.

#22 Actually turning your back on some 3 year olds can be dangerous. It really depends on the child. The parents should have warned her about it. Regardless, it's better to never leave a child alone. Even if they are older. Children have a way of getting into trouble especially while being babysat.

Anybody screaming about "OMG!! How could you leave a baby all alone" or whatever OBVIOUSLY has no knowledge of kids. A 3 year old is walking, talking, able to climb up or down on chairs, sit in a bathtub....basically, a kid that age needs to be monitored, but not watched like a frickin' hawk. It's perfectly reasonable to leave the kid in the living room while you go to their bedroom to find pajamas. I have two kids of my own (4 and 1), who often play in the living room while I'm in another room, but always within ear shot, and always able to check in on them. And they will both find a way to make a mess of the most mess-proof foods (you wouldn't believe what a 1 year old can do with dry Fruit Loops).

Fab_fml 0

If the kid spilled jello on his TOP, why did you have to remove all his clothes? I mean, even if his pajama pants were also spilled on, was removing his underwear truly necessary?

It could be different for you, but where i live you don't wear underwear with pajamas

0 3

Wrong order, get new clothes before taking off the old ones so the kid isn't alone and naked. FML anyway.

holynemesis1208 3

"now my name and photo are on a special web-site" haha.

#23 i absolutely agree. Its easy to say in hindsight "you should have been watching him!" but please. This boy is 3 years old. As for the PJs, I know many 3 year olds that wear 1 piece pjs which you have to remove entirely. fml? fyl..

ya, i know before finishing this story, then the parents walk in.......

ari_lee 0

uhm even if the kid was wearing one piece pjs, kids usually wear underwear. so there shouldn't have been a reason for him being naked.