By Anonymous - 27/07/2013 17:51 - Finland

Today, I was babysitting a kid for the first time. She asked if she could watch a movie, so I downloaded Cinderella for her. An hour later, this 10-year-old girl was lecturing me about unrealistic standards of beauty and abusive relationships, and how I suck for liking the movie. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 065
You deserved it 8 771

Same thing different taste

Top comments

How is cinderella unrealistic? She drives a pumpkin seems perfectly realistic to me

17, So she can't have a personal opinion that is "correct" unless it follows your opinion? Hell at 10 years old I think it pretty smart she can comprehend that.

Comments

Perhaps she should learn to suspend her disbelief and just enjoy a movie. :P

graceinsheepwear 33

There is a guy who created a Barbie based on statistical measurements of the average American 19-year-old woman. You can see her by googling average Barbie. She looks healthy, like a beach volleyball player, and the traditional Barbie looks like an alien next to her.

justmeCee 16

Actually it was a woman named Ruth Handler that created the Barbie doll in 1959, and her inspiration was not a real girl, it was after a German doll named Bild Lilli. She did name Barbie after her daughter though.

graceinsheepwear 33

I was not talking about the original Barbie creator, as was clear if you read my post. I said that a man--in New Jersey actually-- created a variation he calls average Barbie.

Ask her what movie she would like to watch...and always Disney movies are great classics no matter the age and usually enjoyable...

Steve95401 49

Walt Disney would be spinning in his cryonic chamber if he heard some of these comments.

obff527 7

You should have let her watch Kick Ass. She sounds like Hit Girl!

I definitely thought the FML was going to say something like "an hour later a **** scene had popped up in the movie"

10 yrs old is not exactly the young child that enjoys fairy tales these days. At least she didn't lecture you on the morals of downloading such an old film or the downloading of ;)

The true meaning of how important it is to be beautiful so that you can kiss a handsome prince and get married?