By shrutisoma - 12/05/2016 04:54 - Australia - Strathfield

Today, I was at work when a customer came up to me and asked where and what I used to get my tan. I'm Indian. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 289
You deserved it 1 289

Same thing different taste

Top comments

When will people stop asking stuff without thinking first? FYL OP.

Comments

OP, I really hope you work at a place that sells tanning products, because you could make a fortune passing those of as the reason for your fabulous tan ...

I don't think it would work cause hopefully not everyone as dumb as that specific person lol

Sometimes I get that question too. You'd think they'd realize that it just naturally grows from our scalp like that.

I like to give asshole answers to asshole questions.

the uh uh kind or wah wah kind? I'm the wah wah kind :)

lol sorry that happened to you op. i think it's amusing what people let fly out of their mouths. i started a new job once and was explaining to my new coworkers that I was biracial. one girl said "oh really? I thought you were just a white girl with a really good fake bake." I had to give her the side eye.

"The Sun" should be a default answer to such silliness.

Yeah, but do you LOOK Indian? Because I've met some girls and they obviously have their beautiful skin, yet I didn't know they were Indian at first (until they told me) because they didn't have any of the usual features. (I should have known though because Indians have the most beautiful complexions)

Aww I think that maybe it was a compliment. Clearly they loved the color of your skin enough to want to know how they can get it too!

Customer: I love your tan! Where'd you get it? OP: Um, my heritage?

Oh my tan, I got it in India where my family is from.