By Anonymous - 24/08/2015 17:32 - United States

Today, I was at my summer babysitting job. The family's dog puked on the carpet and I proceeded to clean it up with baking soda and a mix of water/vinegar. Instead of blending in with the other areas of the carpet, the one spot I cleaned is white while the other areas are still darkened by filth. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 692
You deserved it 2 385

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I don't see the problem. So you cleaned their carpet for them and they might be embarrassed by how dirty the rest is... Their problem, not yours.

Comments

about9000ponies 8

Well OP. just to say something positive, the look on your fave was probably priceless when you saw the super clean spot compared to the rest of the floor, and that is why i like this FML so much, thank you for making me laugh! :)

That is no problem at all. I have kids and dogs (several of both) and a light gray carpeting all over the floor. Every now and then somebody spills a drink, pukes, pees, has diarrhoea, drops chocolate, drops well pigmented make-up, etc, etc. Sorry for TMI but thats life. Just clean the spot with whatever cleaning solution that is able to do the trick and the lighter spot will blend in with the rest within a few days. Its practically impossible to keep all the carpet all the time like it was bleached an hour ago.

time to clean the rest of the carpet. . lol ... better ask for a,raise

I would have looked for carpet cleaner first. I have dogs and I have special spray for when stuff like that happens.

vinegar and baking soda are actually excellent cleaners, I don't know why you need a special cleaner when ops solution was cheap and effective.

sarcasticjane 27

It's awesome you cleaned up after the dog. I don't really see the problem. Tell the owners you cleaned up after the dog and the cleaner worked wonders on the carpet. You could offer to clean the rest of the carpet or they can clean them when they get home.

kmw003 17

I mean you cleaned up after their pet, which accidents happen like that with animals all of the time anyways. at least they'll know you didn't do a half-assed job cleaning it up!

As long as OP isn't the one who does it. It would be nice if they did and the family would be grateful, but that isn't what OP is being payed for.

You did you part and cleaned up the mess that you made, unless they told you to clean the house there is no issue

I hate it when you spill something on the wall, and wipe it off, and then the rest of the wall looks awkwardly dirty in comparison :-/ FYL OP