By dog_day - 19/12/2009 06:20 - United States

Today, I was asked by my mom if I could have a joint birthday party with her dog, because it would be the dog's "Big 1-0." She was completely serious. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 405
You deserved it 2 699

Same thing different taste

Top comments

GenevieveL 0

It's not every day the dog has a milestone like that. :P

if it makes u feel better... in dog years, it's his seventieth.

Comments

Tell her you want your own party and she's stupid for valuing a dog over her daughter!

OH MY GOD YOUR LIFE JUST SUCKS SO MUCH DOESN'T IT!?!?!??! get over it

Oh, I'm sorry, would you prefer FML was filled with stories of rape, and murder, and absolute hell, stories of such horrible, horrible lives, that you'd be depressed for hours after reading them?

people who are saying double the cake, I bet you didn't know they made cakes for dogs and cats to... Plus, a lot of people like to celebrate thier birthdays. I threw a huge fit when my parents made me go to a tae kwon do testing instead of celebrating my birthday. I got to go to seaworld as an apology though!

you sound like a spoiled little brat. also since it was a TEST, you can see why you were made to go. most of my friends have exams on their birthdays, but the most any one of them has done was remark 'aw but that's my birthday'. you can live without celebrating your birthday. i've had ONE birthday party in my life when i was three years old. i had no idea what was even happening. i've never celebrated my birthday since then, but i'm still a happy person :l

You have a terrible mother. Who the hell even celebrates a dogs birthday, let alone tries to usurp their kids' birthday to do it?

rawR_rawR_whimpe 0

omg. Seriously, get over yourself. Obviously this just goes to prove that your mum loves her dog. I am sick of FMLs that are submitted by whiney teenage girls that have obviously just discovered this site. There are far worse things that could happen to you than having to share your birthday party. Some people can't even afford to have birthday parties. Toughen up, princess.

hayleyukulele 0

this isn't an FML because she has to share her birthday with someone else. it's an FML because her mom's crazy. how stupid is everyone here? very.

amandaaamhm 0

wow some people take this website way too seriously...

What is the big deal? Unless you don't like your dog, I don't see what's wrong to share your special day with your pet that you adore.

I share my birthday with my niece and love it. My niece was actually 2 weeks late (according to my sister it was my doing, lol) but when we found out the due date I predicted she would be born on my birthday. I was so excited when she was born, it made my birthday extra special. Just ask your mom to get a separate cake (like carob) for the dog. No biggie. You'll have one every year for the rest of your life, this is just one.