By tgd4444 - 23/07/2011 10:29 - Malaysia

Today, I was arrested. The policeman threw me to the ground because I wouldn't answer his questions. This was after he told me I had the "right to remain silent". FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 412
You deserved it 8 474

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You have a choice. The police cannot make you answer any questions nor can they be physically violent toward you if you don't. OPs rights were violated and I damn well hope they take it to court. Police brutality is never acceptable.

Comments

drdna 0

he should have used the nightstick

ADub55 0

sue him for excessive use of force

The police say that because it's part of department procedure. They don't want people to remain silent because it makes their lives considerably easier when suspects talk. Thus, they try to coax people into talking and some resort to force.

You have the right to remain silent, but you don't have the right not to accept the consequences of your actions. We're not getting any of the real story here OP, you probably deserved it and just want something to whine about because you "hate cops" like all the other cool kids. The cop didn't pull you over for absolutely no reason. So I'm going with a YDI on this one.

Plus cops tend to read you your rights when they cuff you because that is when you are actually arrested, before hand they're just talking to you trying to figure things out. When they cuff you, they usually put you into the back of the car as well, not just hang out there and keep asking more questions. This FML just seems really off.

This FML is from Malaysia, where the rules and procedures are different from your home countries, and where the police forces are well-known for having corrupt elements. Please check next time before saying the FML is "off", or in less veiled language, "fake".

beautiful1998 0

and why were you being arrested??

DaveDave7 3