By magzulism - 13/01/2012 15:30 - Reserved

Today, while coming back from skiing, a woman asked me if I could help her carry her stroller. I put my skis down and helped her. When I came back to pick my skis up, I saw two guys running away with my gear. You try chasing someone while wearing ski boots. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 093
You deserved it 3 500

magzulism tells us more.

Hey, OP here. I'm finally gonna answer some of your questions: 1. Yes, i do believe it was a set up. The woman and the thiefs were definitely working together. 2. They were old skis, I bought myself a pair of awesome new ones later :) 3. I didn't go skiing alone. I live in Switzerland and was helping a friend of mine -who is an elementary school teacher- as a skiing instructor for his 9 year old school kids. He teaches and lives in a tiny village about an hour from where I live, and since I don't have a car, I went there by train. So obviously i rode the train back home alone. The only good thing about the whole story is that I didn't have to carry my skis back home. ha. ha. Feel free to message me, if you have any questions.

Comments

Torva_fml 16
The_Troller 14
Damn_Hippster 11

It wouldn't be as hard if the other guy is wearing ski boots as well...

xoconnie 8

i hope they were just rentals and not ur own... b/c skis are pretty expensive! u should have screamed or called someone to help you out or at least to see where they were going with your skis!! do u really ski alone?? u were with no one to help? sorry dude that sucks and yea it is hard to let alone WALK in ski boots than run lol so i feel ur pain bro.

btstig 11

He would still have to pay for them.

damn :( it doesn't say where you live but that kind of stuff comes part of the current economy...

nonamericandolla 6

I know its hard! I can barely walk up the stairs!

This would not have been a problem had OP been wearing snowboard boots.

MI have tried . I call it my angry mom walk.

drawmesunshine 17

< What a waste of a C-C-C-C-Combo Breaker!

Horcruxer 0

Better get these comments moderated with the insults, they did that to me. Now they'll erase this comment as usual or the thread because they're hypocrites, dumb.

The_Troller 14

^ Unimaginable levels of win are present in the previous comment.

alstbv12 13

I've been marathon watching how I met your mother (again)... So I love your comment that much more right now.

I chased someone in ski boots on a school trip, it's not realy that hard..

WallyTheWombat 0

Love that show. YDI OP for being helpful and trying to make society a better place to live in. Don't you know that no good deed goes unpunished?

jake98899889 4
jake98899889 4

acutauly, running in ski boots isnt that hard, you just run like your running on the balls of your feet... lol

I would advise you to take te ski boots off and chase them. But they would probably be stolen too...

*The... it took me like 5 times to send this comment because of anti-flood protection and when I send it I make a misspelling

And op would get frostbite of the foot variety. He already lost his gear, it would suck to lose his toes as well.

They'd be long gone by the time he got them taken off.

thesoccerone7 3

He/she never should have set the skis down in the first place. At the mountain near here, if it isn't locked up or by your side, you can plan on buying yourself a new pair soon. And by the time OP took his/her boots off, they would have been long gone. How big was the stroller? You couldn't manage both?

Taking ski boots off most of the time is just as hard as running in them :/

I tried, it does not work for the life of me.

40- no its not. They go half way up your calf and you can't move your ankle at all. I've never worn ski boots, but it sounds just as difficult.

44, it's bad in board boots, but it's even worse in ski boots. The latter are heavier and even less flexible.

StopDropNRoll 11

Wait so your telling me if I do a good deed im going to get punished?

Sadly, yes..... But don't give up hope OP because karma is a bitch.

hateevryone 14

you can't help but think if it was a set-up.

My thoughts exactly. If this is the case, OP really can't take solace in the good deed, since by helping with the stroller, he/she was just playing right into the scam. :(

107- you say, as you judge me, but even the person before me was judging someone. Pot calling the kettle black, much?

MeLuvBewbs 7

At least u were beig nice. Was she a Milf?

When I first read this I thought "WTF?" then saw your username...that explains it

CVeNgineer 0

Well atleast you did the right thing by helping that lady

Some of u people obviously have not wore ski boots before.

thatcaligirl 5

I was thinking the same thing! haha! It is not easy....