By Anonymous - 30/09/2013 23:54 - United Kingdom - Bathgate

Today, I walked into the kitchen to find my daughter trying to cut her wrist with a plastic spoon. When I asked her why, she said her friend Lucy did that so her parents would buy her pretty things. My daughter and Lucy are both four years old. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 165
You deserved it 3 758

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I had no idea kids this young self-harm! It's very disturbing. OP please get your daughter some help quickly. Good luck!

Society is ****** up. Kids should never have to think like that. Don't let your daughter play with that girl anymore and make sure her parents are told to get their shit together.

Comments

Self-harm is a serious situation. And it should not be used just to get "pretty things". Talk to her. A 4 year old should not be doing that sort of thing. Self-harm is not a method of getting things you want.

Oh my god! What is happening, poor children are being shaped so wrong nowadays I think... I'm so sorry I hope you were able to stop her and make her understand and Lucy's parents are silly... if I had a child and caught them trying to self harm I'd send them to counselling or something to see if they were ok, not reward them.... four years old... wow

That's horrible! How do kids that young even know about this kind of stuff? The ****, society?!

Kids learn at a very young age. I did when I was in a walker...I did it on a pop can and still have the scar on my thumb...

Please talk to her about how serious it is. I cut myself the first time when I was six because of emotional pain. It got really bad when I was eleven. I'm now 22 (in two days) and recovering but the temptation is there every day. Please keep an eye on her. I realize she did this for other reasons but it is addicting. Good luck.

You know, I agree with everyone here. Take your daughter to a therapist and make sure you talk to Lucy's parents too. Its sad society has come to little girls cutting themselves just to get something they want. I know I sound really mean, but it's true if you haven't noticed. My only other question: How could someone vote that the parent deserved this?

nachosbabygurl 9

take her to therapy immediately