By TooShort - 03/05/2009 14:06 - United States

Today, I walked into a restaurant with my parents to celebrate my Mom's birthday. They immediately got a kid's menu and crayons out for me. I'm 15. FML
I agree, your life sucks 54 365
You deserved it 8 609

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm 20 and I always grab the crayons on my own. I like coloring.

karls 0

Coloring and chicken fingers are the best. Not an FYL ;)

Comments

I'm sad that at 21 it wouldn't look okay to ask something off the kids menu, and I always want to do that. Plus, you never know when you'll be in need for a crayon.

"Happened to me one time. I was 19, and I had a beard. That didn't bother me. What bothers me is that apparently there are little kids with beards" lol I dont think the waitresses listen to what the menu says. Sometimes it says for up to 12 or 11 and over 65. I"ve never had my grandma be handed a kids menu!

Angelol_fml 0

I got the children's menu before on purpose...Well hey, the food still tastes great

ohhhhshizzz 0

#130: wtf do you think this site is for, stfu. (oh and don't tell me 'real' problems, because that is complete and utter bull.)

I hated that when I was younger!!! Once on my friend's birthday the guy at the resturaunt tried to guess her age. They guessed 6 she was turning I think 11!

My friends (same age as me) often ASK for the kids menu. Meanwhile, I get asked if I want to see the wine list. I have no facial hair and a voice that makes me sound like I'm 12. I'm 18.

eyeofthebeholder 0

exactly. 15=KID'S menu. you're a kid.

Honestly, get over it. most of the kid menus are for kids up to 12 years old. You're only 3 years older than that. Besides, whats the big deal? You get to color while you wait. I'm 24 and was just told this week that I could be a junior or senior in high school. And i'm proud. Means all my anti aging product works. So while you're trying to act/look older, I am basking in the glory of of always looking excellent for my age.

yaychristine 0

O my goodness, this happens to me all the time. I'm 15 as well. Sometimes they bring me kids meal cups w/out even asking if I'm a child, and before we order. what drives me crazy though, is how they don't give me knives w/ my silverware some times X| I have to take something w/ me that shows my birthdate to the movies so they'll believe I'm onlder than 13... I made it to the state science fair, and they seperate the middle school from the high school displays, and like 20 middle schoolers hit on me, and people kept asking me which catagory i was in, and then would walk to the middle school side... BUT HEY! At Six Flags, I always win that guess your age thing :) I have TONS of prizes from that :P But I guess it helps that I'm 4' 11.5", and look 12.