By Anonymous - 30/05/2013 15:20 - United Kingdom - Northampton

Spicy
Today, I uttered the phrase "the pot calling the kettle black" in class. Moments later, I'd been called a "racist twerp" and kicked out of class by the same English teacher who once tried to have another kid suspended for using the word "titillate", because apparently it's "pornographic". FML
I agree, your life sucks 53 054
You deserved it 4 363

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Pwn17 25

I thought teachers were supposed to have some level of intelligence...

Then there's that awkward moment when 31 realizes this is in the UK.

Comments

Holy... I'd definitely make a formal complaint about that moron. How on earth are they teaching English?

Yeah, it sounds like you could get a pretty good case against this teacher, and if one person speaks up, likely other students would, too (hopefully). Teachers like that kill students' brain cells.

erockinthesuburb 17

I feel your pain, Op. Once I had to inform a teacher that the phrase "Jewing someone out of money" was not exactly politically correct, and she sent me to the office for insubordination.

Oh yeah, because that was ever a non-racist term, you idiot. People like you deserve worse than just being sent to the principal.

erockinthesuburb 17

So let me get this straight... You think it's acceptable to stereotype a whole religion as being money-grubbers? The ignorance flows strong with this one...

Re-read their comment. His teacher used the expression, not the poster.

What kind of teacher would say that?

Yeah, I know, 25. I just woke up and my sister stole my iPod and it was autocorrect and various other poorly thought out excuses. In that case it's a crap-shoot of who's more of an idiot: this teacher, your teacher, or me.

That sucks that you got into trouble, but you did the right thing by speaking up.

It seems like every little thing offends at least one person nowadays. It's almost impossible to say anything. Sorry, OP. don't worry about it.

olpally 32

So, there's an immature idiot for a teacher teaching your class? Sounds like you should be the one teaching op. the teacher is a twat waffle.

I think I'm gonna make twat waffle my insult of the day!

RedPillSucks 31

twat waffle of the blue variety

PaintedTempest 14

Not a very smart teacher. Maybe she should read the dictionary.

obviousboy 8

Just more evidence that not all teachers are intelligent. Yet another reason our education system suuuuuuuucks.

It's okay, everyone's a little bit racist. Start a conversation on planets and see if she jumps on the use of Uranus.

I know not everyone would agree with 28's statement about everyone being racist, but I do agree when it comes to myself. Not against blacks or whites or Asians or Hispanics, but against middle easterners. And, before anyone says that I'm being negative, I'd like to say that I'm ashamed of it and I'm trying not to be.

#75, it's probably not you personally, since you recognize it as a problem, but rather a racist environment--there is a ton of racism against middle easterners in the media (and against other groups), for instance, which affects viewers in ways that they often aren't even aware of.

I'd use this at the perfect cue to start using words like tittelate, niggardly, etc (anyone some more to add?) in every conversation you have near him.

Or homogenous, depending on his religion and political affiliations it could either be gaybashing or gay propaganda.

perdix 29

Moist. Because some find that word to be dirty.

'Pedagogue' and 'pedagogical' are good ones, _especially_ when talking about teachers. If your teacher thinks you're calling them a pedophile, then you know you don't want them teaching your class.

Report that teacher for calling you a name and kicking you out of class. Teachers have rules too and can get in trouble as well.