By Anonymous - 30/05/2013 15:20 - United Kingdom - Northampton

Spicy
Today, I uttered the phrase "the pot calling the kettle black" in class. Moments later, I'd been called a "racist twerp" and kicked out of class by the same English teacher who once tried to have another kid suspended for using the word "titillate", because apparently it's "pornographic". FML
I agree, your life sucks 53 055
You deserved it 4 363

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Pwn17 25

I thought teachers were supposed to have some level of intelligence...

Then there's that awkward moment when 31 realizes this is in the UK.

Comments

"Who are you to wave your finger? Ya' must have been out your head. Eye hole deep in muddy waters. You practically raised the dead."

My junior year English teacher wouldn't let us say harlot. I think it's quite stupid to keep students from learning new words.

Sonfang 19

Especially when they are much more proper than some of the words children and young adults use these days.

My sophomore year, my AP English teacher was absolutely convinced the word "ambivalent" meant "you don't care". She was pissed when I brought out the dictionary and proved her wrong!

For an English reacher things are a bit heavily enforced...

Samster2000 9

He doesn't sound qualified to teach English if he considers 'titillate' pornographic

middlenamefrank 8

Wow...that sounds like a class it would be good to get thrown out of. Or...out of which it would be good to be thrown, I guess.

You would probably end up a more well rounded individual if you were kicked out, never to return.

I'm guessing your teacher isn't the smartest

You could always try describing your teacher as a lacklustre pedagogue...

He'd probably get mad for OP saying he likes kids

That's kind of the idea - look the word up.

I know that pedagogue means teacher, I was getting at the fact that the teacher sounds dumb enough to confuse it with pedophile.

UnluckyGenius 21

With that english teacher your education must be retarded. (The true definition of retard is to hold back or hamper progress.)

I love you. I got in some serious shit for using that word recently and NOT ONE person actually knew the ******* definition until I shoved it in their faces. Being accused of discrimination is bloody awful when you truly aren't prejudiced!

UnluckyGenius 21

Your plight is one many literate people face. You have many allies sir.

You know words can mean more than one thing, right? From the Oxford English Dictionary. Definition of retard verb Pronunciation: /rɪˈtɑːd/ [with object] delay or hold back in terms of progress or development: his progress was retarded by his limp noun Pronunciation: /ˈriːtɑːd/ informal, offensive a person who has a mental disability (often used as a general term of abuse). So essentially you use a parachute to retard the velocity someone jumping from a plane. Unless he's a retard and doesn't have one on.

I think when using a word, you've got to consider the plethora of connotations it comes along with.

UnluckyGenius 21

I am fully aware words can mean multiple things #103, there are just some older meanings people forget as the word is used for something else in our stagnant culture. Most of the time words lose meaning as they become used as insults.

I can't help but think the word "titillate" might have been said in a more seductive way, such as TIT. . .illate Just like me singing: "You make me CUM. . . pletely miserable". :P