By Wheresthebeefz - 01/02/2011 02:46 - United States

Today, I tried to save a dying bird I found on the sidewalk. I got a parking ticket for $114 in front of the animal hospital. I later found out the bird died. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 950
You deserved it 7 898

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You had the right idea, but you didn't know how close to death the bird was. it's great that you tried. I would try to go to traffic court and get the judge to throw out the ticket because you were trying to save a birds life.

Aww, OP, that was very decent of you! I'm glad there are people like you who care enough to help a small bird instead of walking/driving over it. It sucks that you got a ticket and that the bird died, so FYL, but atleast you have a good heart ^^

Comments

You denied some other animal's lunch by doing that. Now it's just lying in a garbage bin. After living a pointless life the bird now died a pointless death.

I'll remember that one when an angry dog attacks you.

perdix 29

You should have let one of the neighborhood cats take it to the hospital. The ending would have been the same, and you'd be $114 to the good.

pls stp typng lyk a gddm fkn mrn nbbdy cn ndrstnd u

Poor bird...your pocket got a little lighter too tho hehe.

disagree when its nature or me i gotta give it to myself the smarter creation

GoArmy6624 7

ydi for interfering with nature. things r always gonna die, no matter what u do. ydi.

you should've let it die! what are you with PETA or something? Liberal wackos. let nature do it's thing. you can't go out and save every animal you see with a limp or a cut. it's just not the way things work. it's called the circle of life. wanna know more? watch the lion king.

dancingdoggy 4

Let nature do its thing... OK No more cutting down trees and killing habitats! No more herding animals into factory farms and slaughtering them and torturing them. Are my examples too extreme? Try this: NO MORE PETS! THAT'S NOT "NATURAL"!!! ... Or ... We can compliment OP on trying to do a good deed.

thank you dancingpuppy for making my argument even better :) liberal wacko. allow me to point out where you are wrong... 1. you are implying the use of the "slippery slope" fallacy which just shows your incompetence to take things to extremes and not take into account other variables thus showing major ignorance which is not a hugely desired trait in people 2. we cut down trees because it is a renewable resource and used for the advancement of several products you use everyday. Not only that but there are HUGE efforts being pushed every day for every tree cut down there be multiple more planted in its place. Ever heard of Earth Day? 3. Animals that are raised to be food for human consumption are on this Earth for exactly that reason. For humans to consume. they are bred, raised, and processed for that reason and that reason alone. And I can assure you that these animals are taken care of better than any treatment they would receive out in the wild alone. Therefore making your argument that "factory farms" are cruel and "torturing them" totally untopical. 4. "NO MORE PETS, THAT'S NOT "NATURAL" oh gosh you make me laugh :) you realize that's basically what the OP was doing right? Turning the bird into her pet. Caring for it, taking the bird "under her wing" so to speak. And look what that got them. A dead bird that was going to die anyway. however now the dead bird cannot be beneficial to the environment anymore because it is now stuck in a trash can. It cannot be food to the local alley cat and cannot be beneficial to the natural life process anymore. or we can all have our own opinions about the FML and not complain like you just did :)

#70 You fail at logic even more than the person you think you outsmarted. And don't get me wrong, you both fail at logic. Humans are animals which are part of nature. Saying behaviours found in humans AND other species (like compassion for other living creatures, torturing other creatures, caring for animals to feed on them, cut down trees, grow «crops», same sex mating, building complex structures, etc) are not natural just shows how little one knows about nature. Thus saying one should not help other living creatures and «let nature do it's job» is pretty retarded considering feeling empathy and try to save a living creature is also part of our nature, and thus «nature's job». But please, keep on sliding together down that slope of logical fallacy.

damn bird! ur lucky ur dead or I'd have killed u myself!

RavenNight 0

at least u tried stop being a downer