By ScienceFail - 25/07/2010 19:31 - United States

Today, I tried to open the research paper I've been working on for the past month, only to discover that the entire file is permanently lost and can't be recovered. This is not the first time this has happened to this paper. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 051
You deserved it 15 942

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

GammaPaladin 0

FFS, make backups. It doesn't matter whether you're doing it on a computer or by hand with a pencil, you make backup copies of anything you have to put in that kind of time on. Period.

JokeMeister 0

they invented these fancy things called CD-R, then they invented this other thing called DVD-R and then they invented this thing called flash drives did i mention that you can EMAIL documents to yourself and have them accessible virtually everywhere in the world? you're a dummy.

YDI for not making copies the first time. It's not that hard.

zebrapattern 6

then why didn't you learn from last time?

KHRYS_K 0

Use google.doc... U will never lose a paper because it saves once you stop typing.

Arya1990 7

FYL, OP, that sucks. But YDI for not learning the first time.

opening the file by pressing delete?

kesulli27 6

That sucks, but if you're working on something that is that important and that time consuming, you should always back it up. Especially if this is the second time this has happened to you...

There may be a virus or bug in your drive. Backup everything you know that isn't affected, then format reset.