By i tried so hard - 08/01/2016 15:54 - United States - San Francisco

Today, I tried really hard for once on an assignment. I was told it was my worst work yet and that I may as well have turned nothing in at all. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 822
You deserved it 2 217

Same thing different taste

Top comments

carlfirebolt 27

you should do the opposite and see if it is a master piece

Some people do better when they do not overthink their assignments. Maybe you are one of those people.

Comments

That literally happened to me once OP, in college, did he at least give you constructive criticism or did he just say the work was shit? Thats what my prof did

Save this as a life lesson. You toil for you, your spouse and children. No one else's opinion matters. I ran a race where I gave everything I had but faltered and ran out of gas at the end. The coach called me a quitter. Evan though I ran out of gas and came in third, it was my fastest time ever. That race and his calling me a quitter changed my life. People like him no longer matter. Set your priorities and goals and don't worry about the rest.

sammisweets93 12

Maybe you just focused more than normal and you wanted the assignment perfect so you just fixed things that didn't need fixing.

Why to teachers make such harsh comments like that? It is so disheartening.

baybkayks 18

I have the same issue in my English class this year. The harder i try on essays the worse grades i get ?

Schmavid64 13

I'm wondering if your teacher might have thought that you plagiarised this assignment if it was really quite different to your previous ones. That might be why you got a lower grade.

your teacher should've gave you some credit for effort. or atleast a pat on the back, for effort.

You can still be proud by knowing you did your all and that's what matters.its harder to accept after you got such harsh criticism. Ask for cunstructive pointers to help with the next project.

rabid_otaku 29

YOU TRIED SO HARD AND GOT SO FAR BUT IN THE END IT DOESN'T EVEN MATTER