By Anonymous - 19/11/2009 16:14 - United States

Today, I took my dog to the vet because he hadn't eaten his food in three days, was drinking a lot of water, and was peeing a lot (all signs of antifreeze poisoning). I spent $200 at the vet to tell me that my dog is fine and just didn't like his current food. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 976
You deserved it 5 529

Same thing different taste

Top comments

happy_ness 0

hey...at least your dog is fine! i'd spend a lot more if it came to my dog's health!

nikki1001 0

That also could have been a sign of diabetes, so you did the right thing!

Comments

You stole this from: http://tinyurl.com/ya6o9py

ive seen this before.. http://tomuchattention.com/?id=6h5bozv7s14ndmkhn6erk2jue5ixg0

mama_mojo 0

also a sign that he could have a blockage.

I hate those vets who say something totally obvious and charge you for it!

Well if it was "totally obvious", he'd have thought of it himself.

knowlroar 0

If you go to a human doctor, and have nothing wrong, they'll charge you for it too. They took the vets time, and needed to pay for it.

Wow! I had no idea dogs could be picky. I thought only Cats where like that about their food. I hope rabbits aren't the same.

They can be depending on the rabbit - there are some vegetables my rabbit won't eat, others he loves. You do have to know what their digestive system can handle though because it's completely different from dogs, cats and especially humans. Contrary to what some people think, they're not a super low maintenance pet that you can just throw some carrots at and be okay. If you're going to get one, I'd suggest checking out http://www.rabbit.org for accurate information.

OH NO! I MADE A DECISION TO SPEND MONEY ON A DOCTOR AND THEN I HAD TO PAY THE DOCTOR. What?

It probably wouldn't have been a big deal if OP was paying the vet if the dog was actually sick and the vet was curing it. Paying $200 for a false alarm is a real kick in the ass. You're pretty much paying for nothing.

The doctor still provided a service and did tests. Any time you go to the doctor there's a chance that the patient is fine, or that nothing can be done. It's not like the OP was swindled. Besides, there's knowing that the dog is fine rather than sitting around wondering if it's insides are failing.

pleasetryagain, i love you for using the word "swindled."

It is a good thing ur observent of ur dog. Ur a good owner. and no one wants to pay extra money. But it still a good thing u checked though. God would only know what's wrong with him

I had a similar problem with my dog. I took him to the vet and was told his test showed he was having a kidney problem. They sold me a special food for him and had me bring him back after two weeks for new blood work to be ran to see if the food was working. In the end, after spending a ton of money on vet bills, we learned that he tears the fuzz of of his tennis ball, eats it and this gives him a tummy ache. Seriously.

thought my dog scratched his eye. came in the house saw his eye all red and lid shut. went to vet, spent $256.46, only to find out that he needed his eyes washed... at least he is ok and didn't have to spend more on surgery or medicine.

consuming antifreeze makes people blind. I'm not sure if it is the same for dogs.

O_o; As far as I know...consuming antifreeze makes people DIE!

probably makes people blind if consumed in small amounts. but then again, i don't know much about antifreeze.